Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it fake though?
Screenshot_20191223-123858.png
it's as real as this :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Ejl80
I am not sure if they alter the accelerator pedal sensitivity with the Boost upgrade but I noticed there is a different curve between my SR+ and MP3. One of the tricks they play is to command a lot more throttle with less pedal movement so it feels like you barely touch the pedal and you get a lot of acceleration. This make the car feel more jumpy and eager but on the flip side is could feel less smooth.

A normal AWD has more pedal sensitivity, I used to have an SR+ and that was one of the first things I noticed moving up to the AWD,

Is there anything specific to look for? That thread is massive. I have an LR AWD. I actually have mobile service coming today to do a rotation so I guess I'll get to see pretty quickly what motors I have on my car (April 2019 build with HW3 so guessing probably the 990). I don't plan on upgrading and going to save that to put towards the Performance Y. Who know's maybe the Performance Y will have the 100kWh battery?

Is there anything specific to look for? That thread is massive. I have an LR AWD. I actually have mobile service coming today to do a rotation so I guess I'll get to see pretty quickly what motors I have on my car (April 2019 build with HW3 so guessing probably the 990). I don't plan on upgrading and going to save that to put towards the Performance Y. Who know's maybe the Performance Y will have the 100kWh battery?

Sounds like a good plan. If you’re planning on swapping cars in a few years then definitely hold off on the upgrade and just buy the performance next time around if you want it. It’s almost certain we’ll see the 100 battery in the 3 soon so I’d expect the Y would be the same.

It's not though. Those badges on that vehicle are nonsense. Listen, I think the badge game is stupid and normally I remove badges from a car. I've seen enough Civics with GT-R badges to cry an entire lifetime away. But people are calling this upgrade, for which it is a huge difference, AWD +. So getting AWD + on their car, even though I wouldn't do it, isn't "fake". Live and let live is all I'm saying.....unless it's a Dodge Dart with a Hellcat badge or some such ridiculous thing. lol

Sounds like a good plan. If you’re planning on swapping cars in a few years then definitely hold off on the upgrade and just buy the performance next time around if you want it. It’s almost certain we’ll see the 100 battery in the 3 soon so I’d expect the Y would be the same.
Yeah, figure that's just a matter of time. Question though, if you know, outside of the hardware differences (lowered, 20in wheels, brakes, etc.) are the Model 3 Performance (3P+) and stealth performance (3P-) exactly the same from a software perspective?

It's not though. Those badges on that vehicle are nonsense. Listen, I think the badge game is stupid and normally I remove badges from a car. I've seen enough Civics with GT-R badges to cry an entire lifetime away. But people are calling this upgrade, for which it is a huge difference, AWD +. So getting AWD + on their car, even though I wouldn't do it, isn't "fake". Live and let live is all I'm saying.....unless it's a Dodge Dart with a Hellcat badge or some such ridiculous thing. lol

I agree, I like the chrome underline idea however

All good man, just teasing a bit, I bought the upgrade the other day and have no regrets

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
Yeah, figure that's just a matter of time. Question though, if you know, outside of the hardware differences (lowered, 20in wheels, brakes, etc.) are the Model 3 Performance (3P+) and stealth performance (3P-) exactly the same from a software perspective?

AFAIK only software difference is there was some message related to track mode on the P3D- about not being optimal without the brake/tire upgrades... don't recall if it was a 1-time thing or shows any time you turn TM on.