Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never had them put the dual motor badge on my LR AWD (took delivery in Nov '18 and they didn't have the badges yet). I bought the acceleration upgrade. I would like to have a chrome underline, only (with no "dual motor"). :p That would nicely throw people off.

un·der·line
verb

1. draw a line under (a word or phrase) to give emphasis or indicate special type: "certain phrases had been underlined" synonyms underscore, mark, pick out, emphasize, highlight, ... more

Nothing to emphasize with just a underline. Maybe we just need a exclamation point DUAL MOTOR!

:)

Ha.. now I can't unsee it. That's gonna be a "No" from me, dawg.
A religious cross has a longer bottom line than the other 3. The look is more like the secular cross the Red Cross uses if that helps. Of course it is still just a PLUS sign and not a cross secular or religious.

I still think it looks a little tacky and even thought that when seeing on the Model S a few years ago. Think the chrome underline would be a much classier/subtle look for it. Still in writing I think AWD+ is the best choice.

Make 'em think:

891a9b5a19023736fb267baa865210b9.png

Alright, was able to make it to the drag strip today with my AWD+. The weather was right around 70F and I was at 41 PSI. Unfortunately, due to lack of helmet rental availability, an accident on the track and then an oil spill on the track later on - I only managed to make 3 passes. Ran into one other Tesla there and it was a guy with a stock P3+. He was really cool and was there to race his buddies' Porsche. He managed an 11.402 @ 119.84 mph, which actually beat's out the fastest time on Dragtimes.com (attached is his time slip as well) for any P3. My best time came in at 11.852 @ 118.23 mph. My worst time was 11.9101 @ 116.79 but I think that was after sitting idle for half an hour waiting for the track to get cleaned so the battery wasn't warmed up. The 3rd race was funny because it was against a ZL1 with mod's. He ran an 11.36 but I beat him to the finish line because his takeoff wasn't so great. Afterwards he confronted me asking what I had in 'this thing'? and wanted a re-match. As the track was closing we weren't able to but he was friendly and asked a lot of questions. I got some GoPro and teslacam video I plan to upload later. If it weren't for all the ICE car's losing control or spilling fluids, I could have ran a bunch more passes. But maybe I'll be back next month for another go as it was a fun time. Shout out to @exoticcarjoe on instagram for doing a short video of me against the Mustang GT.

Run 1 vs a Mustang GT Boss 302 with mods:
11.86 @ 117.52 mph. 96% SoC

run 1.jpg

Run 2 vs current gen Mustang GT:
11.85 @ 118.23 mph. 95% SoC

run 2.jpg

Run 3 vs Camaro ZL1 with bolt on's:
11.91 @ 116.79 mph. 99% SoC (battery not warmed up due to track delays)

run 3.jpg

We had L2 chargers at the track which was great...
IMG_20200112_175439.jpg

The other P3+ there...
dragstrip1-12-2020.PNG

Sorry but I had to. :p

CamaroZL1.png

Attachments

• P3+11402.jpg
    P3+11402.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 55
Nice! Please upload the videos!

Alright, was able to make it to the drag strip today with my AWD+. The weather was right around 70F and I was at 41 PSI. Unfortunately, due to lack of helmet rental availability, an accident on the track and then an oil spill on the track later on - I only managed to make 3 passes. Ran into one other Tesla there and it was a guy with a stock P3+. He was really cool and was there to race his buddies' Porsche. He managed an 11.402 @ 119.84 mph, which actually beat's out the fastest time on Dragtimes.com (attached is his time slip as well) for any P3. My best time came in at 11.852 @ 118.23 mph. My worst time was 11.9101 @ 116.79 but I think that was after sitting idle for half an hour waiting for the track to get cleaned so the battery wasn't warmed up. The 3rd race was funny because it was against a ZL1 with mod's. He ran an 11.36 but I beat him to the finish line because his takeoff wasn't so great. Afterwards he confronted me asking what I had in 'this thing'? and wanted a re-match. As the track was closing we weren't able to but he was friendly and asked a lot of questions. I got some GoPro and teslacam video I plan to upload later. If it weren't for all the ICE car's losing control or spilling fluids, I could have ran a bunch more passes. But maybe I'll be back next month for another go as it was a fun time. Shout out to @exoticcarjoe on instagram for doing a short video of me against the Mustang GT.

Run 1 vs a Mustang GT Boss 302 with mods:
11.86 @ 117.52 mph. 96% SoC

View attachment 499510

Run 2 vs current gen Mustang GT:
11.85 @ 118.23 mph. 95% SoC

View attachment 499513

Run 3 vs Camaro ZL1 with bolt on's:
11.91 @ 116.79 mph. 99% SoC (battery not warmed up due to track delays)

View attachment 499514
We had L2 chargers at the track which was great...
View attachment 499515
The other P3+ there...
View attachment 499516

Sorry but I had to. :p

View attachment 499522

A little OT but just got Dragy (rain for the next 3 days :rolleyes:) and how do I select Model 3 AWD+ (or any specific model) on the Leaderboard. Also do you follow people with a Model 3AWD+ and will this make a list?

Also it is a crash happy app (iOS 13.3/iPhone X).

A little OT but just got Dragy (and rain for the next 3 days :rolleyes:) and how do I select Model 3 AWD+ (or any specific model) on the Leaderboard. Also do you follow people with a Model 3AWD+ and will this make a list?
I thought you were once against buying this upgrade as you didn't feel much of a difference. Did something change, like perhaps forgot to select the Sport mode or something?

Look forward to seeing your Dragy results, as compared to others!
Had rain and was still drizzling. Also deep in the city so can't/won't hit over 60. Probably not the most aggressive "stomp" and tires were slipping on the wet pavement. Plus SoC was under 40% (37% I think).

My 0-30 was 1.86s so I may have got my upgrade. Does this sound like a decent acceleration under the above conditions? Still don't understand enough about the Dragy app and how to save/see and search but......Will probably be Thursday before I can have a dry day and find a safe spot to do a 0-60.

IMG_3130.jpeg

Had rain and was still drizzling. Also deep in the city so can't/won't hit over 60. Probably not the most aggressive "stomp" and tires were slipping on the wet pavement. Plus SoC was under 40% (37% I think).

My 0-30 was 1.86s so I may have got my upgrade. Does this sound like a decent acceleration under the above conditions? Still don't understand enough about the Dragy app and how to save/see and search but......Will probably be Thursday before I can have a dry day and find a safe spot to do a 0-60.

View attachment 500009
I wouldn't base it off those circumstances, wait until it's warmer, dry, higher SoC, and can get a full 0-60 run.