Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How odd. What version are you on? Did you go into the car software settings and click advanced? If you have, go to where your car has a WiFi connection for a while, go back to standard and then back to advanced. For me the instant I clicked purchase my car rebooted for the upgrade. It was wild. Good luck

What version software is your 2020 running? Any build from 2019.40.2 will do

2019.35.106 I have had it on advanced the whole time. Will try switching to standard and back asap.

2019.35.106 I have had it on advanced the whole time. Will try switching to standard and back asap.

Yes give that a shot while connected to WiFi. I’ve forced new software downloads that way. Also you can go into your Tesla app and click service and then software. Explain the issue. I did it that way back in the day before the advanced button was around.

Please do post an update. Just got the text that my car will be built in the next 2 weeks, sure would be nice to know that this upgrade works on brand new cars.

I can stomach a $2000 update that brings the car closer to that of the performance, but the additional $6000 on top of that to get an actual performance is difficult to accept, especially since they don’t give you a break for not selecting the additional package with the wheels and track mode.

Yesterday on a wet HOV onramp and a below 50% SoC. A little too much elevation at end to be valid but still a decent time with the wet starting conditions and lower SoC.

IMG_3328.jpeg

Please do post an update. Just got the text that my car will be built in the next 2 weeks, sure would be nice to know that this upgrade works on brand new cars.

I can stomach a $2000 update that brings the car closer to that of the performance, but the additional $6000 on top of that to get an actual performance is difficult to accept, especially since they don’t give you a break for not selecting the additional package with the wheels and track mode.
Just got the icon for update available... Should know tomorrow.

Not available with the software version on my Feb build 2020 model 3
It is embedded in ALL updates from 40.2 on. You were obviously on an older version. When you buy the update Tesla just flips the software switch and after a reboot you have it. Nothing is downloaded/installed on the car. In my case I was setting in my car and hit buy/Apple Pay on my iPhone and in less than 5 seconds my MCU reset. When it booted back up I had the update. So in effect it was nearly instant.

Reactions: SteveS1979
Consider me boosted! It feels like there's just a little bit more urgency in the pull... Best $2k I've ever spent? No. But I definitely don't regret it. It's actually probably better I went a couple weeks unboosted.... Gave me a chance to start to get used to the old pull. Now I can get excited for the new sensation.

• Informative
Reactions: mrau