Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with a Acceleration Boost 2020 M3 LR AWD notice a delay in getting firmware updates lately? I am currently 73 days from my last update and about 13 builds behind what other M3s have seen in Australia. Tesla tell me there are no updates for my VIN. I suspect I am just the current Patsy to sit on an old reference firmware for while. But it did occur to me that having acceleration boost makes my car a bit if a unicorn. So I thought I'd ask here so I can rule out having Acceleration Boost as a cause of the delay in updates. (Yes I have done all the other things to encourage my car to update & it has averaged 19 days between its 30 updates in the past two years.)

Anyone with a Acceleration Boost 2020 M3 LR AWD notice a delay in getting firmware updates lately? I am currently 73 days from my last update and about 13 builds behind what other M3s have seen in Australia. Tesla tell me there are no updates for my VIN. I suspect I am just the current Patsy to sit on an old reference firmware for while. But it did occur to me that having acceleration boost makes my car a bit if a unicorn. So I thought I'd ask here so I can rule out having Acceleration Boost as a cause of the delay in updates. (Yes I have done all the other things to encourage my car to update & it has averaged 19 days between its 30 updates in the past two years.)
I haven't noticed any delays with updates lately. Might be a country specific issue? I'd call them.

Reactions: Flatbat
I’m getting updates fairly regularly with the boost.

Reactions: Flatbat
Did quite some search here on this forum and elsewhere but could not find any definitive information about HP and torque numbers for the M3LR with and without acceleration boost ($2K upgrade option).

So without acceleration boost, I think the consensus on these numbers for the M3LR is as follows:

346 HP
389 lb-ft torque

I could not find any definitive numbers by how much the acceleration boost improves these numbers but read somewhere that it adds about 50HP. Could not find any torque improvement numbers though. Do you have any pointers on this? Thanks.

Pretty sure I've posted this multiple times already in this very thread.

LRAWD2.png

• Informative
Reactions: superflyrolla
Pretty sure I've posted this multiple times already in this very thread.

View attachment 732144

(moderator note)

To be fair to @t.e.s.l.a_dude , they did not post in this thread originally. They started a new thread, and I moved their new thread into this one since it was on the acceleration boost. They may not have seen this thread since I "unstickied" it a month or two ago, since the AB has been out for long enough already that I didnt think we needed a sticky post on it any longer.

Thanks for re posting that info.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Thanks, did not see this before. Here is a noob question: Are the numbers on Wikipedia and on some car sites way off? I see there that the hp for the M3LR is listed as 346 and M3P as 450

The data in my sheet is from CANBUS measurement of the power going to the motors WUGZ posted on various Reddit threads (I believe he's done a number of these, so he might have some results single-digit HP different from the ones I used, but should be close enough)

EDIT- actually looking at the post 3 above mine- in that one he lists some #s, indeed 2 of mine are exactly the same (base and 2nd 5% boost), 1 is 2hp different (1st 5% boost), 1 is 5 hp different (AB)