Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another way to look at this. The non-performance models are ~0.2 seconds faster than the specs indicate.

Most 0-60 specs subtract the time it takes to travel the first foot. Sometimes this is oddly worded "with rollout" meaning "without the rollout time included."

I suspect the non-performance Teslas include the rollout time to make the delta between them and their performance versions seem larger.

For the MY:
AWD: Real 0-60: 4.8 (spec:4.8)
AB: Real 0-60: 4.2 (spec: 4.2)
Perf: Real 0-60: 3.7 (spec: 3.5)

Last edited:
Reactions: mckmas8808
Another way to look at this. The non-performance models are ~0.2 seconds faster than the specs indicate.

Most 0-60 specs subtract the time it takes to travel the first foot. Sometimes this is oddly worded "with rollout" meaning "without the rollout time included."

I suspect the non-performance Teslas include the rollout time to make the delta between them and their performance versions seem larger.

For the MY:
AWD: Real 0-60: 4.8 (spec:4.8)
AB: Real 0-60: 4.2 (spec: 4.2)
Perf: Real 0-60: 3.7 (spec: 3.5)
I mean, yes - absolutely that’s why they do it.

Reactions: mckmas8808
Now that the shrunk the gap between the performance and LR, it really isn't worth going with boost. If were in the market new, I'd go with the MYP over the MYLR w/boost and sell the heavy wheels and buy something better.