Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option for Model Y available?

Would you buy the acceleration boost upgrade for your LR Model Y?

• Heck yeah! $2000 is fair, compared to $8000.

• Oh no, it's already plenty fast

• Yes, but only if they lowered the price to $1000 or less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

computerchuck

Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2017
Utah
Would like all non-performance, long range Model Y owners to chime in here.

Anyone have the option to purchase the $2000 Acceleration Boost upgrade?

I would really like to buy this when I receive mine.

I doubt they will do it as they've done away with it on the Model 3 on their website (I'm not sure about previous AWD non-performance owners). If you order from the Tesla website now you get a performance version and you can opt for the performance package which is no extra cost. It wouldn't make any sense for them to sell a long range AWD and then a cheap performance boost as that's almost the same thing as getting a stealth (or performance version without performance package) M3/MY. Maybe there might be an acceleration boost option that gets slightly better 0-60 but it wouldn't be anywhere near performance 0-60s.

Yes, just as being offered as in-app purchase to M3 (LR) AWD owners.It improves 0-60 by 0.4 seconds if I remember correctly.
Thanks. I wasn't sure off the top of my head how much it improved 0-60 and/or whether or not it got close to P3D acceleration. I just looked it up and it improved times by .5 seconds from 4.4 to 3.9. That's a steal in my opinion. IF it came to the Model Y, and I don't think it will, it would probably be from 4.8 to 4.4 second 0-60 would be my guess as a PYD is 3.5.

I doubt they will do it as they've done away with it on the Model 3 on their website (I'm not sure about previous AWD non-performance owners). If you order from the Tesla website now you get a performance version and you can opt for the performance package which is no extra cost. It wouldn't make any sense for them to sell a long range AWD and then a cheap performance boost as that's almost the same thing as getting a stealth (or performance version without performance package) M3/MY. Maybe there might be an acceleration boost option that gets slightly better 0-60 but it wouldn't be anywhere near performance 0-60s.

what was that?

For those of you with experience owning a 3, do you know if the Acceleration Boost is a permanently available upgrade or is limited time?

I take delivery this upcoming week and want to drive it for a little bit (a month or so) before buying it so I can appreciate it or come to the conclusion that 4.8s 0-60 is good enough. If I didn't opt for the FSD I wouldn't even hesitate to buy this right when I take delivery. haha

Discover does quarterly bonuses ... so Paypal is on the list till 9/30. So, I used Paypal Key for a virtual credit card and linked that to the Discover card. Then add the virtual number to your Tesla account.

Thanks for this guidance! I just set all of that up...kinda convoluted...but I understand, since I can't add PayPal directly to my Tesla account.

Now I just need to decide this weekend whether I want both the acceleration boost upgrade and EAP, or just the boost :) Would get $300 cash back when purchasing both.

Reactions: steve841
For those of you with experience owning a 3, do you know if the Acceleration Boost is a permanently available upgrade or is limited time?

I take delivery this upcoming week and want to drive it for a little bit (a month or so) before buying it so I can appreciate it or come to the conclusion that 4.8s 0-60 is good enough. If I didn't opt for the FSD I wouldn't even hesitate to buy this right when I take delivery. haha

Its permanently available, and I expect it to be permanently available for the Y.

• Informative
Reactions: Koolio46