Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option for Model Y available?

Would you buy the acceleration boost upgrade for your LR Model Y?

• Heck yeah! $2000 is fair, compared to $8000.

• Oh no, it's already plenty fast

• Yes, but only if they lowered the price to $1000 or less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you're just making me jealous.... :( I keep looking for more posts with new 0-60's before I pull the trigger, trying to be patient and practical but I expect the "what the hell" side will win out soon.... :)

Mine last about 2 hours after it came out.. well really as long as it took me to figure out how to make PayPal a virtual CC and take advantage of the Discover 5% cash back.

Reactions: Dennisis

Attachments

• 20200925_114537.jpg
    20200925_114537.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 127
There’s a 10% coupon they have now. “GoFaster10” if you plan on ordering.
(Moderator note: its not necessary to bump each thread about this product with a coupon code. it starts to look like you are advertising for them. Regular user sharing is allowed, but advertising requires something different. I am assuming this is regular user sharing, but bumping multiple threads with coupon codes looks like something different.)

Im looking someone to do a Youtube video and review of the Ingenext boost 50 kit for the dual motor Model Y.
Unit is worth $1100.00. Need to have a big channel for them to justify cost. Taking aplications. DM me and ill review if interested.

Keep in mind the boost 50 once plugged in cannot be moved from car to car. They become vin locked and must be sent back to them to wipe it if you want to sell or switch to a different car.

I just got Tesla Raj the bonus module which he just did a review on. Check it out.

Ok, I am going to play the Devils Advocate here. Who is going to post a review that Tesla can view, just to wave it under their nose. That is a quick way to void your warranty.

I have had a number for performance cars, new and classic. I does not matter a hill of beans who replaces tire, oil changes (recommended oil and interval), Air Filter, Wipers, Brake Pads, Shock Absorbers, normal wear and tear items as long as the manufactures recommendations are followed the warranty is not effected. But as soon as you do an engine modification you void your warranties.

Who in there right mind wants to void a warranty on a $60,000. My Model Y was $62,000 before taxes and does not include the entire car being wrapped with a PPL.

Reactions: pt19713
It is absolutely detectable. When it first came out Tesla wrote a patch to stop it and then they wrote a patch allowing it continue to function. But everything that I have read stats that it is 100% detectable by Tesla. Tesla can measure current draw of the batteries to enable them to develop more efficient profiles for the battery.

I guarantee you that when their data will show a current draw that your car is not capable of producing. They are going to either be alarmed that there maybe a problem with the car (like the battery is discharging to rapidly or they will know that you have added a modification allowing the motor to create this draw.) Do you know that they have to modify your software.

I am not sure how I got on there mailing list, but they send me offers every few weeks..

Last edited:
I would not say that I now everything, but I spent the last 20 years of my career dealing with electronics. I specifically dealt with what most people would call Jumbotrons, large LED Displays in large Sports Venues. Our Tech could tell when one single out of millions was not performing properly, when a power supply was not putting, just as examples. I think that it would blow your mind if you knew how much data Tesla was collecting on your car every day.

I would not say that I now everything, but I spent the last 20 years of my career dealing with electronics. I specifically dealt with what most people would call Jumbotrons, large LED Displays in large Sports Venues. Our Tech could tell when one single out of millions was not performing properly, when a power supply was not putting, just as examples. I think that it would blow your mind if you knew how much data Tesla was collecting on your car every day.
Sorry...Tesla is unidirectional push of information. The only way they know is OBDII scan. Just like apple products the only way Apple knows is when you go to the Genius Bar. Other than that....it undetectable. My friend just went into service and unplugged it prior. Had service. And plugged it back in.

Reactions: mlong5905
I suggest that you read the following and draw your own conclusions, see the link below in red:

What Tesla knows about you

Here is just a small snippet of data Tesla collects...

But Tesla collects more information than most.
  • It knows your speed, your mileage, and where and when you charge the battery.
  • It also monitors airbag deployments, braking and acceleration, which helps in accident investigations.
  • And it knows when Autopilot, Tesla's assisted-driving feature, is engaged or disengaged, and whether you have your hands on the wheel as you should.
Remember when FSD was Beta was giving to a select few, they stated that they were looking for the most careful and safe drivers. Where do you think that they are getting that information....

Read what Tesla states: Privacy & Legal | Tesla

We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:

(1) Information from or about you or your devices
(2) Information from or about your Tesla vehicle
(3) Information from or about your Tesla energy products

Last edited:
It will just be a cat and mouse game.
Thats like saying Honda is going to void my kids warranty because I put a cold air intake on it.
Unless the part itself caused the vehicle to malfunction then proving this in court will be impossible hence why veh manufacturers cannot do it. The boost kit is simply a flash that Ingenext captured which is a direct mirror of the boost that they sell.
Its not boosting the motors anymore than Tesla does themselves for double the cost. They are not tweaking any of the motor outputs beyond what they have done themselves.

It will just be a cat and mouse game.
That's like saying Honda is going to void my kids warranty because I put a cold air intake on it.
Unless the part itself caused the vehicle to malfunction then proving this in court will be impossible hence why vehicle manufacturers cannot do it. The boost kit is simply a flash that Ingenext captured which is a direct mirror of the boost that they sell.
Its not boosting the motors anymore than Tesla does themselves for double the cost. They are not tweaking any of the motor outputs beyond what they have done themselves.

A Cold Air Intake is considered cosmetic, like adding pin stripes to a car, but Superchargers and Turbochargers for example are considered performance modifications. But everyone is free to do as they please.

As a side note, if Ingenext Mirrored Tesla's program, then that can be software piracy. And yes, if they mirrored it, giving it way or selling would make no difference, it would still be a Copyright Infringement. The Copyright Law now not speak of profit, it is simply in basic lawmen term, use without permission. A willful Copyright Infringement is much more serious that a stupid warranty issue. I use to seize personal and business assets for copyright infringements. I use to have to hire Federal Marshalls to go with me when business owners refused to pay a judgement from a Federal Court. Many of the individuals would not even show up for court and the Federal Judge would issue a default judgement.

I suggest that you read the following and draw your own conclusions, see the link below in red:

What Tesla knows about you

Here is just a small snippet of data Tesla collects...

But Tesla collects more information than most.
  • It knows your speed, your mileage, and where and when you charge the battery.
  • It also monitors airbag deployments, braking and acceleration, which helps in accident investigations.
  • And it knows when Autopilot, Tesla's assisted-driving feature, is engaged or disengaged, and whether you have your hands on the wheel as you should.
Remember when FSD was Beta was giving to a select few, they stated that they were looking for the most careful and safe drivers. Where do you think that they are getting that information....

Read what Tesla states: Privacy & Legal | Tesla

We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:

(1) Information from or about you or your devices
(2) Information from or about your Tesla vehicle
(3) Information from or about your Tesla energy products
Sure.
A Cold Air Intake is considered cosmetic, like adding pin stripes to a car, but Superchargers and Turbochargers for example are considered performance modifications. But everyone is free to do as they please.

As a side note, if Ingenext Mirrored Tesla's program, then that can be software piracy. And yes, if they mirrored it, giving it way or selling would make no difference, it would still be a Copyright Infringement. The Copyright Law now not speak of profit, it is simply in basic lawmen term, use without permission. A willful Copyright Infringement is much more serious that a stupid warranty issue. I use to seize personal and business assets for copyright infringements. I use to have to hire Federal Marshalls to go with me when business owners refused to pay a judgement from a Federal Court. Many of the individuals would not even show up for court and the Federal Judge would issue a default judgement.
Then don’t buy it and unfollow this thread.
Meanwhile I think these guys actually know what they’re doing....Ingenext on Facebook Watch

A cold air intake is not cosmetic. Its a engine modification which boosts horsepower just as installing a K&N filter.

Cleary the software is a mirror of Tesla's boost as the motor outputs are exactly the same. 50 hp and same 0-60.

Maybe being in Canada has something to do with it?

Being a Canadian Company would have nothing to do with it, read about the Berne Convention. Basically, almost every major country agreed to recognize the other countries Copyrights. Copyrights are also know as intellectual property rights.

Intellectual Property is a category of property that includes intangible creations of the human intellect. There are many types of intellectual property, and some countries recognize more than others. The most well-known types are copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets.

Berne Convention - Wikipedia