Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option for Model Y available?

Would you buy the acceleration boost upgrade for your LR Model Y?

• Heck yeah! $2000 is fair, compared to $8000.

• Oh no, it's already plenty fast

• Yes, but only if they lowered the price to $1000 or less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A cold air intake is not cosmetic. Its a engine modification which boosts horsepower just as installing a K&N filter.

Cleary the software is a mirror of Tesla's boost as the motor outputs are exactly the same. 50 hp and same 0-60.

Maybe being in Canada has something to do with it?

Most CAI’s claim to boost HP and back it up with easily faked dyno numbers. I reality some may provide a very small gain and many cause a loss.

Anyone in Florida want a opportunity to work with Brooks from Drag times?
Looking for someone to do some testing with their Dual Motor Model y that wants a Ingenext Boost 50 module free?
Brooks has a Performance Y and cannot test it but wants to do a install video and do some test runs against his performance
Y similar to this video where he tests his 3 against a boosted 3.
He doesnt know anyone in his area that has a basic dual motor Y.

I suggest that you read the following and draw your own conclusions, see the link below in red:

What Tesla knows about you

Here is just a small snippet of data Tesla collects...

But Tesla collects more information than most.
  • It knows your speed, your mileage, and where and when you charge the battery.
  • It also monitors airbag deployments, braking and acceleration, which helps in accident investigations.
  • And it knows when Autopilot, Tesla's assisted-driving feature, is engaged or disengaged, and whether you have your hands on the wheel as you should.
Remember when FSD was Beta was giving to a select few, they stated that they were looking for the most careful and safe drivers. Where do you think that they are getting that information....

Read what Tesla states: Privacy & Legal | Tesla

We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:

(1) Information from or about you or your devices
(2) Information from or about your Tesla vehicle
(3) Information from or about your Tesla energy products
This is why Tesla claims they can insure their cars more efficiently than others -- all that data. And the fact that they would be paying wholesale, not retail (or close to it) for all repairs.

Reactions: MikeHolliday
Is it possible to buy this at initial purchase so it is included in the loan?

There is no way that Tesla will finance it for sure, and all of the Banks that I am aware of will only finance a new car based on the price leaving the lot. You could always refinance it, but the interest rate difference that I expect you would find would not make it work the hassle. My interest rate with US Bank through Tesla was stupidly low about 1.25% lower than the local Credit Union and lower by about 1.75% less than my local bank.

If someone is purchasing a Tesla and they don't have $1,500 to $2,000 in disposable cash around, then they may want to rethink their purchase. I know of people who have bought new houses, yet had no money to purchase furniture. That is definitely not a position that an individual should put themselves into.

Last edited:
Reactions: psuKinger and MY-Y