Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option for Model Y available?

Would you buy the acceleration boost upgrade for your LR Model Y?

• Heck yeah! $2000 is fair, compared to $8000.

• Oh no, it's already plenty fast

• Yes, but only if they lowered the price to $1000 or less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just don't get why trimming off .5 seconds is worth an upgrade. It's a novelty that doesn't materially change the driving experience after a handful of uses. I guess people just love spending money

Yeah, this is kinda where I am. Back in my VW/Audi days, $2,000.00 could get you some serious power gains. I remember when $395.00 got you a Total Audi Performance chipset and wastegate spring for a Audi 5000 turbo Quattro that got you like 70hp or something like that.

So I bought it and I just took my Y out for a drive. It's faster than my MX 100D. IMO it feels faster than 4.3. Maybe like 3.8. OMG... it threw me back in my seat. Sadly I am going to request a refund too much power for me especially since I got a $500 speeding ticket in my X which I turned it down to chill.

I'm sure they're under-reporting the 0-60. Owners with the M3 boost (also supposed to be .5 sec improvement) consistently report closer to .75-1.0 reduction in 0-60. Performance model buyers would NOT be happy after spending $10k for similar 0-60 times.

For those of you with experience owning a 3, do you know if the Acceleration Boost is a permanently available upgrade or is limited time?

I take delivery this upcoming week and want to drive it for a little bit (a month or so) before buying it so I can appreciate it or come to the conclusion that 4.8s 0-60 is good enough. If I didn't opt for the FSD I wouldn't even hesitate to buy this right when I take delivery. haha
I can tell you that I took delivery of my Model Y in July. As mentioned in other post. I cannot keep the peddle down very long at all. It literally makes my head spin. I do not need more power... Love my Model Y...

I just don't get why trimming off .5 seconds is worth an upgrade. It's a novelty that doesn't materially change the driving experience after a handful of uses. I guess people just love spending money

you can look at it that way. Or, I wanted the perf model. Didn’t want 21s or lowered suspension or $10k more.

this is the perfect trade off. I have more juice, gorgeous 20s and $6k left over. (20s were $2k).

dont need FSD. EAP is not worth $4k for my needs.

Reactions: aspushkin
I am thinking that there is no way this upgrade doesn't hit the range of the car. The performance model I believe is only 285 miles and big reason I did not get it. So I am thinking you need to consider losing 10-15 miles with this upgrade.

I understand why people would buy it but Range is the biggest thing with me. No way extra power doesn't cost something. Also I have think that running a motor slower is going be better long term for it. I hoping to keep my Modely for 200k miles.

Can see where people think this is a great option and if you do not do road trips then it probably makes sense but I would be pretty upset to lose 5% in range over it.

It is my understanding that the Aero Wheels and the lack of a spoiler is where the LR Mode Y and LR Model 3 gain mileage. The Downforce of a spoiler may add to traction at higher speeds, but it does create drag... And therefore a loss in range... It is my understanding that that a stealth Model Y gets the same range as the LR Model Y. Tesla does not submit the Performance Model Y for EPA Mileage, financially it would be an un-necessary cost.