Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 M3 LR AWD and noticed today my acceleration boost upgrade option was not available. I logged into the upgrades section on the Tesla app and see that is says ‘you have all the eligible upgrades’. However, I haven’t purchased the boost upgrade. Is this upgrade no longer available?

Attachments

• ABFF2BCC-E183-433C-97A6-5440155E81FC.png
    ABFF2BCC-E183-433C-97A6-5440155E81FC.png
    58 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: New_Old_Stock
Still too expensive. Should be free as it’s just releasing a hold-back, but that’s another discussion.

It still shows as available on my app.

So they should give you more car than you paid for, and you expect it for free?

I get Tesla is a startup trying to gain traction. But the entitlement they’ve set for some owners in these early stages is going to turn into a real obstacle as they mature.

So they should give you more car than you paid for, and you expect it for free?

I get Tesla is a startup trying to gain traction. But the entitlement they’ve set for some owners in these early stages is going to turn into a real obstacle as they mature.

How it more car than I paid for? It’s the same car but without the software block. It’s adding no additional functionality. It’s not entitlement, it’s what we paid for. I guess we should also pay for bug fixes as those were there when we bought the car.

How it more car than I paid for? It’s the same car but without the software block. It’s adding no additional functionality. It’s not entitlement, it’s what we paid for. I guess we should also pay for bug fixes as those were there when we bought the car.
So the software just developed itself? Then tested itself? Then created the method for installing itself? Then warrantied the additional stress on the components it creates?

Yes, entitlement is exactly the right word. If you don't find it of value, simply don't buy it. Demanding it for nothing is the very definition of entitlement.

So the software just developed itself? Then tested itself? Then created the method for installing itself? Then warrantied the additional stress on the components it creates?

Yes, entitlement is exactly the right word. If you don't find it of value, simply don't buy it. Demanding it for nothing is the very definition of entitlement.

Cool, then I guess we should be paying for all bug fixes too. Selling a car and then charging us to make it go faster when all it takes is a software update is asinine. Drinking the Kool-Aid is nice, I guess.

Last edited:
Different hardware, so no.

Wrong.

2018 and (at least part of) 2019 the AWD and P3D- were exactly the same HW.

Not even remotely the same thing. It costs the cable company more to offer those services. Terrible analogy.

Also wrong. More power means higher warranty costs at the very least.

To be fair the LR AWD is advertised by Tesla with a 0-60 time of 4.4 seconds and that is the performance level you paid for. To say they should give you the performance upgrade for free (0-60 in 3.4 seconds) makes zero sense. Anyone that has a stock car and wants to make it faster has to pay for the HW and installation to gain the additional performance. The fact that you can do this instantly through an app is amazing! Many ICE car owners I know have spent upwards of $6-7k to gain a one second improvement in 0-60 times. $2k is a very good price for this kind of power increase.

Wrong.

2018 and (at least part of) 2019 the AWD and P3D- were exactly the same HW.

Also wrong. More power means higher warranty costs at the very least.

I don’t recall saying a stealth didn’t have the same hardware as a LR AWD. Yea, how much more does more power impact warranty cost? You have figures or just making assumptions to justify your opinion? Wrong.

To be fair the LR AWD is advertised by Tesla with a 0-60 time of 4.4 seconds and that is the performance level you paid for. To say they should give you the performance upgrade for free (0-60 in 3.4 seconds) makes zero sense. Anyone that has a stock car and wants to make it faster has to pay for the HW and installation to gain the additional performance. The fact that you can do this instantly through an app is amazing! Many ICE car owners I know have spent upwards of $6-7k to gain a one second improvement in 0-60 times. $2k is a very good price for this kind of power increase.

Yea, they also say I’ll have a range of 320+ miles. That won’t ever happen. And we aren’t talking about hardware we are talking about removing a software block. I “paid for” software bugs too and those are fixed at no cost to consumers. Would you be okay paying for bug fixes?