Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Purchased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh... ;) A bunch of my buddies used to have Japanese or Italian crotch rockets (motorcycles) when they were single. The first thing that went after each of them got married was their motorcycle. No exceptions.

The Y is super fast even without the boost.
Kept my Ducatis! My wife was leery at first (she is a trauma nurse), but a few spirited rides with gear changed her mind over time. My "two-wheeled" fix remains...

Nice! Which Ducatis?

I have a 2013 Hypermotard SP and a ‘13 Aprilia RSV4 Factory (my track bike).

Have owned a 749, 1098, and Multistrada.

hey random question to anyone listening. Where and how does one insert the information about your vehicle that shows up at the bottom of posts? I went into personal details and couldn’t see where I would input that information so it shows up.

I just got this today as well. IMO the off the line jump is about the same, but right after that comes a nice big hit of torque which didn't seem to be there before. I went through quite a few miles of range in just a few minutes (scientifically..) testing the software upgrade. One thing I did notice is that for the first time, I felt the TC intervene during a cornering maneuver. There's a freshly re-paved canyon road right near my house and goosing it into a slimy s-turn made the computer cut a bunch of power until the suspension settled down. This upgrade should also come with track mode! THAT would be fun.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I forgot to bring my Dragy with me to work, so I'll probably do a run tomorrow (Saturday), maybe tonight. I just need to make an excuse to do an errand and tell my wife I have to go pick up something...
Sorry if sounds like a dumb question to everyone here, but how do you safely drag race a Tesla? On the start line, do you hold the brake pedal while pushing on the accelerator, then release the brake to launch? Or just stomp on the accelerator when it's time to go?

I have no experience drag racing, but am thinking of getting the acceleration boost for my Y just because I think it sounds fun...

Sorry if sounds like a dumb question to everyone here, but how do you safely drag race a Tesla? On the start line, do you hold the brake pedal while pushing on the accelerator, then release the brake to launch? Or just stomp on the accelerator when it's time to go?

I have no experience drag racing, but am thinking of getting the acceleration boost for my Y just because I think it sounds fun...
it depends on how you have the brake setting. I use the Hold function, so essentially you just punch the accelerator.

I haven't tried it with the other settings but if you have it set to creep, then you'll need the left foot on the brake pedal and just let off and simultaneously punch the throttle.

I don't think it's a good ideal to treat it like an automatic transmission with a torque converter (left foot on brake, right foot on accelerator up to the stall speed, typically around 2000-2200 rpm).

Reactions: GeezerSquid
it depends on how you have the brake setting. I use the Hold function, so essentially you just punch the accelerator.

I haven't tried it with the other settings but if you have it set to creep, then you'll need the left foot on the brake pedal and just let off and simultaneously punch the throttle.

I don't think it's a good ideal to treat it like an automatic transmission with a torque converter (left foot on brake, right foot on accelerator up to the stall speed, typically around 2000-2200 rpm).
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I also have mine set to Hold.

I'm going to try to get my local police department to try out my Tesla with the hope that they'll purchase some for their fleet, at least on an experimental/test basis. Other police departments around the country are having success with the M3P (MUCH cheaper to operate, higher performance). If someone reaches out to me for a test drive I'll purchase the acceleration boost.

Thanks again.

Tom - I was under the impression from the model 3 threads that its almost an immediate update. You should now see "sport" available in the driving mode. Maybe "reset" your model y and you'll see it.
Thanks for this message. I just ordered the acceleration mode but I received no indication that I needed to do an update. So I came here to see what others were saying. Yeah I see "Sport" mode now under the driving tab. Don't have time to try it out tonight. You'd think Tesla would at least give owners some indication via the app or the car saying the update/install was successful/completed...

I have a performance. I tried a few different techniques to start from.

No brake (in hold mode) then punch the accelerator pedal fast all the way to the floor. That netted me this.

I wonder if "roll" mode will allow for even quicker acceleration? TC on or off was same result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201010-175948_dragy1(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-175948_dragy1(1).jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 138
Hey, did Tesla tweak the acceleration boost to make it go 0.1s faster or was it always 0.6s faster, and they just changed it? I could have sworn that when it first came out, it said "5s to 4.5s" decrease 0-100km/h?!

Is anyone else seeing this?

AccelerationBoost.jpg

U.S. version dropped another 0.1 as well. Looking forward to Draggy, VBOX, or track verification.

They also bumped the range to 326 miles on the order page. I wonder if that affects existing cars? (MX hummed to 371 and the M3 jumped to 353!)

20201016_042027.jpg
20201016_044610.jpg

Last edited: