Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Still Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. This I wasn't expecting. I know aftermarket items are not a one to one when you are selling a car or bike, but to some people they are worth the investment. This is just as if you paid for floor mats and before you sold your car, you just threw them out in the trash.
My earlier post was only partly correct. If you purchase a used (previously owned) Tesla vehicle that has the AB from a private seller then the AB would convey with the vehicle to the new owner. If you purchase a previously owned Tesla vehicle directly from Tesla then Tesla is free to remove the AB before reselling the vehicle.

My earlier post was only partly correct. If you purchase a used (previously owned) Tesla vehicle that has the AB from a private seller then the AB would convey with the vehicle to the new owner. If you purchase a previously owned Tesla vehicle directly from Tesla then Tesla is free to remove the AB before reselling the vehicle.

Tesla can crush it if they want to once they own it. Their actions will impact the resale value, just like mine or yours. To that end, as owner of a Tesla and boost, shouldn’t I be able to transfer it to another car or sell it with the car if I want to not have a Tesla anymore? Do we have that choice?

Reactions: Tedkidd
Does anyone know what the rear motor is for MY? The ingenext website says you need to have 980 motor. If you do not have the 980 motor you can not get ghost mode. The closest thing I can find to a sticker might be a shock. Sorry it's covered in slush and crap.

Edit. I ended up finding it. I have a 990 motor in my 2021 MY

Attachments

• 20210219_125037.jpg
    20210219_125037.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Tesla can crush it if they want to once they own it. Their actions will impact the resale value, just like mine or yours. To that end, as owner of a Tesla and boost, shouldn’t I be able to transfer it to another car or sell it with the car if I want to not have a Tesla anymore? Do we have that choice?
No question that you can sell it with the car...what happens afterward is up to the new buyer. Cannot transfer it though to another car.

Wow. This I wasn't expecting. I know aftermarket items are not a one to one when you are selling a car or bike, but to some people they are worth the investment. This is just as if you paid for floor mats and before you sold your car, you just threw them out in the trash.
It’s worse than that as Tesla are effectively able to sell the package twice! A complete con.
I personally feel any electronic upgrades bought should be registered to the owner and remain their property in full. I have FSD and unless Tesla change their policy will not be replacing my current car with another Tesla.

It would be great if someone with scanmytesla and no boost would measure output and performance. With boost:
Front motor: 149 kW (200 HP)
Rear motor: 211 kW (283 HP)
0-60 (no rollout 4.15) - measured
0-60 (1' rollout ~3.95) - estimated
What was the SoC and battery temp? I think you can squeeze out a little more from both motors.

Attachments

• 20210409_102009.jpg
    20210409_102009.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 50
I've been struggling with this myself. I am waiting on my first Tesla, but I am VERY concerned about software as a service when it comes to vehicle performance. I don't mind paying for a subscription for GPS or media, that disappears when I sell my car, but losing performance upgrades seems greedy. Performance as a service means you never get your investment back. I get that corporations only care about new streams of revenue, but potentially selling the same performance upgrades to several people on the same car doesn't sit well with me.

If this takes hold at the start of the electric vehicle industry, we'll start to see some very creative ways to force people to pay for things multiple times. Things that in past technologies would have been permanent additions to the vehicle. You would basically never actually sell your car as a manufacturer. You release the hardware into the market with your first sale, and then continually resell things each time a new owner buys the vehicle. This seems like capitalism in its worst form.

I'm still digesting this, and I don't know how it will eventually sit with me, but my gut reaction is unsettling.