Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Upgrade/option inbound?

Interested?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Tesla recently changed the wording in the account section to “upgrades” from the FSD upgrades which stirred some speculation last week.

Now this:

upload_2019-12-18_14-42-7.jpeg

There seems to be a lot of evidence to support the idea that the drivetrain on the LR is the same as the drivetrain on the P ( same part numbers that sort of thing) and the only difference is software. In which case there is certainly plenty of scope to turn an LR into P- and $2000 is in the right ball park cost wise.......

There seems to be a lot of evidence to support the idea that the drivetrain on the LR is the same as the drivetrain on the P ( same part numbers that sort of thing) and the only difference is software. In which case there is certainly plenty of scope to turn an LR into P- and $2000 is in the right ball park cost wise.......

The rear motor's on the full and stealth P's have a different part number than the LR AWDs now.

Reactions: Rooster6655

Agreed, i can see that a $2000 option could effectively turn a LR into a P-
But, it's interesting that this option is also available for the Performance model - even more power? ;-)

There is a much bigger gap between Performance and Dual Motor than any other. My guess is the Boost will make it a Dual Motor+ and increase the acceleration to 3.5-3.6. For $2k, I'd grab on that in an instant. I'm not really sure where they are getting the $2k price though...

Actually.. looking at this again, the text regarding Acceleration Boost option is just a generic comment at the bottom of the page, along with a comment about FSD. But the Acceleration Boost option is not in my list of selectable upgrades - just FSD which i haven't purchased.

Reactions: brkaus
I'm quite capable of having pulse-raising moments when hoofing it out of roundabouts with just the standard LR AWD (which behaves under those circumstances as if it's rear-wheel drive, as it definitely power oversteers). If I had more acceleration to hand then two things would be certain to happen:

1. My risk of scaring myself shitless would increase even more.

2. My wife would shout at me a great deal more than she does already...

Can’t see this being a LR to P upgrade. The naming is wrong for that.

I wonder if it’ll be some sort of Push to Pass type functionality where a press of a steering wheel button gives a short lived boost in power. For £2k I would expect a significant improvement. My P+ is already mental quick so I’ll need some convincing.

I'm quite capable of having pulse-raising moments when hoofing it out of roundabouts with just the standard LR AWD (which behaves under those circumstances as if it's rear-wheel drive, as it definitely power oversteers). If I had more acceleration to hand then two things would be certain to happen:

1. My risk of scaring myself shitless would increase even more.

2. My wife would shout at me a great deal more than she does already...

I have the Model 3 Performance and i have noticed a strange wining sound coming from the passenger seat when i floor it, weird though only seems to happen when my girlfriend is in the car!