Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Upgrade/option inbound?

Interested?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea how it would affect car registration or insurance group.

(M3LR) says 'Improve your 0-60 mph acceleration from 4.4 seconds to 3.9 seconds -Val33

SR+ also says " Improve your 0-60 mph acceleration from 4.4 seconds to 3.9 seconds with an over-the-air update." Assume this can't be right so perhaps not for SR+.

Last edited:
I'm quite capable of having pulse-raising moments when hoofing it out of roundabouts with just the standard LR AWD (which behaves under those circumstances as if it's rear-wheel drive, as it definitely power oversteers). If I had more acceleration to hand then two things would be certain to happen:

1. My risk of scaring myself shitless would increase even more.

2. My wife would shout at me a great deal more than she does already...

I have the P+ and find that it’s full force acceleration is met by some with nausea and/or anger. A fair amount of people laugh, but a fair amount hate it. I’ve cricked my wife’s neck, and I have to go easy with children in rear facing car seats whose head is thrown away from their seat not into the headrest like everybody else’s.

Reactions: drewpost
I have the P+ and find that it’s full force acceleration is met by some with nausea and/or anger. A fair amount of people laugh, but a fair amount hate it. I’ve cricked my wife’s neck, and I have to go easy with children in rear facing car seats whose head is thrown away from their seat not into the headrest like everybody else’s.

With great power comes great responsibility.

(my completely original thought).

• Funny
Reactions: DanTW_GB and pow216
I image that this would be of most interest to people who bought the P+ so they could make it a P++.

Personally, the only thing that would dissuade me from purchasing it would be the faff of insurance policy alterations.

edit: It is annoyingly rare that I drive the car without either my wife or doggo inside, so accelerating hard is my infrequent dirty little secret.

Reactions: Fraank
So I have a M3P with FSD , I had heard about this over the air update coming. However I inferred that it was a standard update giving an extra 40bhp (or so) and had assumed it was part of the update service to the M3P... is this not the case, would I have to pay for this ?

So I have a M3P with FSD , I had heard about this over the air update coming. However I inferred that it was a standard update giving an extra 40bhp (or so) and had assumed it was part of the update service to the M3P... is this not the case, would I have to pay for this ?
Very likely won't apply to your car. The most likely candidate for this are the Dual Motor non performance variety. An attempt to fill the 1 second gap between the performance and non performance 3