Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost upgrade still available for 2022 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool! So no 3 min install as they suggest?
Or is that only the model 3 which is the quick easy one?

I’m split on this vs just buying ABoost and not having to deal with install and removal every time it needs to goto service.

If it was truly 3-5 min for install/remove then yes I could do this prior to a service call. But looks like it’s an hour??

Cool! So no 3 min install as they suggest?
Or is that only the model 3 which is the quick easy one?

I’m split on this vs just buying ABoost and not having to deal with install and removal every time it needs to goto service.

If it was truly 3-5 min for install/remove then yes I could do this prior to a service call. But looks like it’s an hour??
No not 3 mins. Not a lot of room to play with when reconnecting in the MY. I can probably do it in 15 min since I now know what to do to get it in. 😅

No not 3 mins. Not a lot of room to play with when reconnecting in the MY. I can probably do it in 15 min since I now know what to do to get it in. 😅
Hmm 🤔 my decision truly is based on ease of install. Why are their install video and statements all 3-4 min install?

What in their install steps is hogwash then?

Attachments

• 4BE77435-050C-4A31-9864-9706E98938E9.jpeg
    4BE77435-050C-4A31-9864-9706E98938E9.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 146
What do you do when you need to take your car in for service or ranger? Can they tell?

Tesla can absolutely tell if this was installed or not. Whether they do anything about it is another matter, but dont think installing or even uninstalling it is going to make it somehow undetectable.

The maker themselves removed all statements to that fact (they used to say it was not able to be detected by tesla), and instead inserted the information I posted earlier in this thread ("we are not liable if tesla does something, but we will try to help", paraphrased).

===============================

(moderator note)

This thread was originally about the Tesla Acceleration boost, and that question has been answered. Most of the discussion is now on the ingenext module and there is an entire large thread already on that product which I will link below. Please move any discussion of that module to that thread.

Posts made on the ingenext module in this thread after this post will be moved to that thread.

Thanks

Reactions: Destiny1701
Tesla can absolutely tell if this was installed or not. Whether they do anything about it is another matter, but dont think installing or even uninstalling it is going to make it somehow undetectable.

The maker themselves removed all statements to that fact (they used to say it was not able to be detected by tesla), and instead inserted the information I posted earlier in this thread ("we are not liable if tesla does something, but we will try to help", paraphrased).

===============================

(moderator note)

This thread was originally about the Tesla Acceleration boost, and that question has been answered. Most of the discussion is now on the ingenext module and there is an entire large thread already on that product which I will link below. Please move any discussion of that module to that thread.

Posts made on the ingenext module in this thread after this post will be moved to that thread.

Thanks
Thanks. The discussion was in reference to whether to buy the ABoost or justify the inextgen modules as am alternative.

Happy Turkey Day everyone

I have a 2022 M3LR due to be delivered early December. I was curious if the $2000 acceleration boost was still available from Tesla? If not I was thinking of taking advantage of the Boost 50 sale that is going on right now.

Is the “$2000 Tesla acceleration boost” still available? Specifically MY2022?

Thank you
I'm looking to boost my 2022 Model 3 LR when I get it next month. Do you have the 980 on your 2022 LR? I'm really hoping the 2022 LR's have the 980 for the 150hp boost.