Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased this upgrade two days ago. How can I figure out if it has been installed? I don't see anything listed on the software update screen. My car has been parked in my garage with a good WiFi signal for much of the time over the past two days. Thanks in advance.

I purchased this upgrade two days ago. How can I figure out if it has been installed? I don't see anything listed on the software update screen. My car has been parked in my garage with a good WiFi signal for much of the time over the past two days. Thanks in advance.

Actually you won't have a new mode, the non-chill mode will change to show "Sport". And it's not a software upgrade so it should just appear pretty much at once.

Just took delivery on 3/12 and car only had 2019.35.108 installed. Immediately purchased the Acceleration Boost upgrade expecting to see the new Sport setting show up shortly afterward.
Still not there the next day.
Researched this forum and found out it needs at least 2019.40 installed.
Chatted with Tesla support who said the firmware should update within 24 hours.
3 days later and still no update.
Now my 48 hour refund window has expired (though I doubt I would want to use it).
I wouldn’t recommend purchasing until you have a suitable firmware installed.

Just took delivery on 3/12 and car only had 2019.35.108 installed. Immediately purchased the Acceleration Boost upgrade expecting to see the new Sport setting show up shortly afterward.
Now my 48 hour refund window has expired (though I doubt I would want to use it).

Good advice.
You won’t return it though. There’s a big difference in that boost from just AWD. :)

I returned it.

Yes you did. Not because you didn’t feel it pulled like a freight train, but because you mostly didn’t feel you would need it day to day, and you didn’t feel any difference at regular driving speeds speeds. Which you wouldn’t. You also said you didn’t feel a difference at high speeds. You agreed 0-60 is good though.

If you don’t think you’ll enjoy it, I would t buy it either.
Most people that buy this, will want to enjoy the extra pull it definitely has with the boost.
I don’t feel any significance difference while cruising at regular driving speeds either. Not sure anyone would, as it’s regular speeds...

Does a Ferrari feel strong cruising at 60km’s and hour either ?

Reactions: WilliamG
Yes you did. Not because you didn’t feel it pulled like a freight train, but because you mostly didn’t feel you would need it day to day, and you didn’t feel any difference at regular driving speeds speeds. Which you wouldn’t. You also said you didn’t feel a difference at high speeds. You agreed 0-60 is good though.

If you don’t think you’ll enjoy it, I would t buy it either.
Most people that buy this, will want to enjoy the extra pull it definitely has with the boost.
I don’t feel any significance difference while cruising at regular driving speeds either. Not sure anyone would, as it’s regular speeds...

Does a Ferrari feel strong cruising at 60km’s and hour either ?

Not sure what you rambling on about, but others have returned it as well.

Don’t expect that if you buy the boost that you will think it worth it despite what that guy above said.

Definitely don’t put yourself in a position where you lose out on the 2 day return window. Make sure you can really test it out before committing $2k plus tax.

Not sure what you rambling on about, but others have returned it as well.

Don’t expect that if you buy the boost that you will think it worth it despite what that guy above said.

Definitely don’t put yourself in a position where you lose out on the 2 day return window. Make sure you can really test it out before committing $2k plus tax.

LOL.
You’re the one who said you felt it, and it pulled hard. Your reasons for returning it wasn’t because you didn’t feel it was worth it.
Re-read your original few posts again. :)

If you know it quickens 0-60 by .5 seconds, why would you purchase it if that’s not good enough? I have a friend who purchased it. It’s a fantastic upgrade for 0-60 improvement for $2k. I think they basically advertised it’s a 0-60 improvement. Correct?

Turn off “Keep Climate On” for the firmware updates to go through.

Fred

LOL.
You’re the one who said you felt it, and it pulled hard. Your reasons for returning it wasn’t because you didn’t feel it was worth it.
Re-read your original few posts again. :)

Still don’t know what you’re arguing about. All I am saying is that the boost may not be worth it to some people once they try it, and some do return it, like me. It’s great to have 2 days to try it out to decide for yourself, so my advice is make sure when you buy it, you can really test it out during those 2 days.

My personal reasons for returning it don’t matter, but another reason I returned the boost is because I plan to keep my Model 3 for a long time and punching it with the boost puts even more strain and wear on the car than I can already do. It doesn’t give me pleasure to abuse my cars. So spending $2k to have more repair bills is not worth it.

If you know it quickens 0-60 by .5 seconds, why would you purchase it if that’s not good enough? I have a friend who purchased it. It’s a fantastic upgrade for 0-60 improvement for $2k. I think they basically advertised it’s a 0-60 improvement. Correct?

Because it’s not a question if Tesla is delivering on its promise for the $2k. It’s a question of whether or not you personally think it’s a good spend for $2k. And the best way to answer that, since we are not all exactly like you, is to try it out for a couple days.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Curious if 75kw battery cars (2017-2020+) will be able to be updated to the ludicrous upgrade coming in the future with rumored 100kw battery. If not then maybe Tesla will offer the 100kw pack upgrade.

There's nothing official on either thing (no lud mode, no bat upgrade)

But you can be fairly sure they're not gonna offer upgrades like that for existing cars even if either thing happens.

Apart from how large a % of the entire cars value it'd cost hardware-wise, most service centers are already way overworked and that's BEFORE they have to start servicing the huge # of Ys now starting deliveries to customers.

Because it’s not a question if Tesla is delivering on its promise for the $2k. It’s a question of whether or not you personally think it’s a good spend for $2k. And the best way to answer that, since we are not all exactly like you, is to try it out for a couple days.
I was basing it on your mention that 0-60 did feel quicker but you still returned it and that is what they advertised. Honestly I couldn’t care less. I was being inquisitive. And not sure what you mean “like you”. I don’t have the upgrade.

This reminds me of people who buy electronics for a weekend vacation only to return them when they get back (knowingly doing it too, which is what your comments are implying).

This reminds me of people who buy electronics for a weekend vacation only to return them when they get back (knowingly doing it too, which is what your comments are implying).
It’s a little different. With hardware there are damages/losses incurred. With software it’s a matter of flipping a bit. Doesn’t cost Tesla to turn it on and off like it would cost Apple if you returned an iPad or something.

Reactions: timp123