Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you wanna make your long range like a performance edition...
This is will only work for early mid 2020 models. 980 motors stopped after Tesla caught on.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Like everyone has said it’s well worth it. My Lr with boost stays with (sometimes pulls slightly) with my buddies myp from 25 ish on up. But it doesn‘t launch as hard. My wife appreciates that part. I like the passing power while at freeway speed. Best of all you keep your warranty.

Reactions: Arthur31
You always had this option but, until recently, I don't think you could do it through the car's interface. That's probably why you only just noticed it. I think it was only available through the app before.

I did it after about 10 months of ownership -- I agree with the others here that it's noticeable and was worth it to me who was starting to have regrets about not getting the performance model to begin with.

Reactions: SWIPE and Arthur31
Like everyone has said it’s well worth it. My Lr with boost stays with (sometimes pulls slightly) with my buddies myp from 25 ish on up. But it doesn‘t launch as hard. My wife appreciates that part. I like the passing power while at freeway speed. Best of all you keep your warranty.

I haven’t purchased the upgrade yet. However, I was over taking some cars on some country roads in Scotland yesterday during a trip. I am already impressed with the standard performance. I was passing cars that normally I wouldn’t attempt unless I was on my GSXR1000K4. The instant torque is incredible!

I’ve owned very fast ICE cars that came with all the exciting drama of noise. The Y does it so quietly, almost stately. I’ll be adding the boost on pay day. Heck yeah!

Reactions: Mattemsmy
I've owned my MYLR for 1 month and I'm still getting used to the car, learning all of the features, and getting used to driving the fastest car I've ever owned. I'm going to wait a few months before trying the acceleration boost - I want to really be used to the car as it is now - after that, I think I can better judge if I really want the boost. Honestly, I've had very few moments where I could really floor it, so I don't know if I'd really get to use the boost much if I did buy it.

Reactions: Undecided_2
Oh like insane mode or ludicrous? I’m praying they do! I’d be all over a 0-60 3.0 flat for the MYP! However I think they have maxed out the output for the current motor/2170 battery config and weight of the vehicle :(
While I agree, one can only hope. They ought to just use the new MS plaid motors that are carbon wrapped. Tune them down, and offer AB packages. This would also reduce cost of the plain motor, standardize the motor for production cost reduction, etc.

But not a chance that is happening..

While I agree, one can only hope. They ought to just use the new MS plaid motors that are carbon wrapped. Tune them down, and offer AB packages. This would also reduce cost of the plain motor, standardize the motor for production cost reduction, etc.

But not a chance that is happening..
Not or the current price no. Add 40k to the MYP price and maybe sure. Right now Tesla is recovering their R&D on the expense of inventing the carbon sleeve in the first place lol. It comes with a hefty price tag for now. They don’t even use it for the LR model S or X…which is still pricier than an MYP.

I agree if it’s cost effective to provide this motor over the current, they will eventually do so.

Interesting, it really was not worth it for me. It is definitely way faster, but it seemed like the car wasn't really meant to handle the extra speed. Even with sport handling on, the extra speed made the car not very comfortable to drive. Fast yes, but not very enjoyable for me at least. Just my opinion

Interesting, it really was not worth it for me. It is definitely way faster, but it seemed like the car wasn't really meant to handle the extra speed. Even with sport handling on, the extra speed made the car not very comfortable to drive. Fast yes, but not very enjoyable for me at least. Just my opinion
I know what you mean, that got me to think perhaps it needs some downforce aero help…spoiler, diffuser etc. Or better tires?? Anyone with any mods see any improvements?