Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration difference between Std and Std+ model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the specs list different 0-60 times but real world is the base model actually slower? I’ve searched and I can’t find a definitive answer but seen some evidence that both are around 5ish sec with the new software.

appreciate the clarity and apologies if it’s been answered and I couldn’t find it.

I know the specs list different 0-60 times but real world is the base model actually slower? I’ve searched and I can’t find a definitive answer but seen some evidence that both are around 5ish sec with the new software.

appreciate the clarity and apologies if it’s been answered and I couldn’t find it.

Yes the one that's 9k more is actually quicker.

I’m referring to the standard (ie base) and the standard plus (which is the base model on web site). There isn’t a 9k difference in price. One is $35k and one is almost $38k.

Hi,

I dont think you can even order the Standard Range off menu any longer (SR). In any case, I am not sure what feedback you are looking for, because objectively the SR is slower than the SR+, but you know that already. You mention you know the 0-60 times but are asking for a subjective" Is it really faste?r" discussion. Yes, its "really faster", but whether you personally care about it, or can tell, I dont know.

Since the only way you can buy the SR is used from someone right now, you are looking at the difference between a SR+ and a LR or Performance, not SR and SR+ unless used. Tesla charges more for the upgrade from SR to SR+ than they charge for the difference right now (the upgrade is 5k, while the difference in price is 3-4k) so its unlikely they bring back the SR any time soon.

So, yes the 0-60 between the SR+ and LR /P is significant, and everyone can feel it. The difference between the two you mentioned is measurable but whether you feel it or not I dont know, and you cant buy the SR any longer anyway.