Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration limited on road trip HELP!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on a trip from LA to Las Vegas I couldn’t accelerate the car when going high speeds. It was a speed limit cap it was at speeds from 40-90mph.

I would have he accelerator to the floor and nothing. There were little dots where normally the black line follows your rate of acceleration

on a trip from LA to Las Vegas I couldn’t accelerate the car when going high speeds. It was a speed limit cap it was at speeds from 40-90mph.

I would have he accelerator to the floor and nothing. There were little dots where normally the black line follows your rate of acceleration

Is the car in valet mode? Or does it have the speed limit function on?

At minimum go into driving and make sure you aren't in chill mode

Reactions: cwerdna

Sounds like overheating issues. Those dots appear when the battery is too cold or too warm. The more dots the more dire the problem and the more limited you are to protect the car.

Per the manual...looks like temp might be the culprit:

upload_2018-9-23_14-15-57.png