Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Mode: Standard vs Sport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS 75 has the following acceleration modes: Chill, Standard, Sport. As far as I can tell, there isn't any difference between Standard and Sport. The owner's manual says they both "provide the normal level of acceleration". If that's the case, why are they both listed as options? Just a fluke?

I don’t know the answer, but in ICE cars the difference between sport and regular is usually not the total power available, but the throttle response. Maybe Tesla is doing the same?

IE so at 25% throttle standard is giving 25% maximum torque but sport is giving 50% or something like that. Then at 100% throttle, each “map” is giving 100% torque?

That may be the case, but I haven't been able to notice anything yet. And the vague owner's manual description doesn't help. The only difference I can spot is the type of drive train and/or AP supported by either mode. According to the description, I shouldn't have Sport mode available since my car isn't AWD.

upload_2020-1-24_10-26-40.png

• Informative
Reactions: CrayZ1
where do you see the option? What year is it?

Ice vehicles dont give torque at certain pedal, they do it like this.
standard 25% foot pedal throttle gives 20% actual throttle at engine
sport 25% foot pedal throttle gives 45% actual throttle at engine.

The tesla limits current on the modes.