Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration of my MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure but I feel the acceleration of my new MYLR 7 seater is way faster than claimed 4.8 sec. I’ve owned few fast cars before but MYLR is on a new level. When I punch it off the line at the red light, I’m going 80 before I can even register my speed. Did I get an extra strong example? Or accidentally given boost option? I really don’t believe 4.8 sec. Seat my pants say high 3 or low 4s.

I’m not sure but I feel the acceleration of my new MYLR 7 seater is way faster than claimed 4.8 sec. I’ve owned few fast cars before but MYLR is on a new level. When I punch it off the line at the red light, I’m going 80 before I can even register my speed. Did I get an extra strong example? Or accidentally given boost option? I really don’t believe 4.8 sec. Seat my pants say high 3 or low 4s.
Ironically, 4.8 is considered slow for Teslas. You're most likely not used to the instant traction and gobs of torque that's why it feels so fast. You'll get used to it and then start thinking about acceleration boost like the poster above mentioned.

I'm afraid you need to calibrate your pants. 😀

It's funny. After having a 4.2 boosted car for a while, I had to use scanmytesla to verify that my car wasn't getting slower. It just feels normal after owning it for a while.
Haha I had the car for good five months now. I thought I would get used to it and eventually desire the boost or get a performance model but no, I still think it’s fast!