Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

acceleration SHUDDER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I'm reading you correctly, the two part numbers listed for each half shaft in the up to Feb 2021 are both the old shaft and the revised shaft used about the time Raven came out? And the March 2021 is lists only the revised part. Since the main part number is different, it isn't just a revision of a continuing part.
Right. The only “extra” looks like and older part listed on pre refresh. The new part numbers Left and Right look the same for pre and post refresh. Model S and X look very similar.

Another way to look at it, there is nothing newer (part or Rev) on Refresh S or X.

Unless the newest parts (or revs) were done during development of Refresh for refresh and still compatible with PreRefresh. I can’t say when those latest parts were developed.

Reactions: Wratran
I did a few hard accelerations in "very low" last night after failing to get cheetah stance to work. No sign of vibration but that doesn't mean anything given they are still new.

With "Maximum Performance Ready" in dragstrip mode, I pressed the brake all the way to the floor and while holding that, I start to press the accelerator and get an immediate "both pedals pushed, motor power reduced" error.

Worked fine on my P85D. Anyone have any ideas?

There are cv.joints also in the rear drive shafts so you have ball channels !

Technically your are correct, but the rear axle joints have very limited mobility compared to the front that are required to accommodate steering angles. The rears never go bad unless their boots cracked.

And regarding feeling it in the steering wheel: the four times my front cv joints went bad and needed replacing, the shudder was felt in the steering wheel as well.

I have an early 2016 Model X (manufactured March 2016). I had the shutter described here. Over the first two years of ownership the SC replaced the front half shafts 3 times. Whatever they did the third time resolved the issue. I've since driven 50,000+ miles without any shutter at all.

Reactions: SnowFlyer
Well because when they replace the front half shafts, the shudder is fixed although sometimes it eventually comes back. Also, the rear shafts have no cv joint, so no ball channels to bend which is what causes the vibration on the front
I have an early 2016 Model X (manufactured March 2016). I had the shutter described here. Over the first two years of ownership the SC replaced the front half shafts 3 times. Whatever they did the third time resolved the issue. I've since driven 50,000+Wpw

2019 and newer has the clevis mount washer not positioned correctly and the 2018 and older got the clevis mount replaced ..lots of confusion on that for some reason but it’s very clearly stated in the bulletin . ..my 2020 had the washer not positioned correctly tesla replaced 2 times after 2nd time got the washer in the right spot …I had to show the tech ..pic posted is wrong position

Attachments

• 8C7C0F78-700F-4D05-91EA-60C8E0FA852D.jpeg
    8C7C0F78-700F-4D05-91EA-60C8E0FA852D.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 123