Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Shudder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No dice,

They said they flagged my car and will let me know when they come up with a real fix. :(

This is what my invoice says:
Concern: Customer: states vibration on hard acceleration. Please check and advise.

Pay Type: Warranty
Corrections: Perform Validation Test Drive
Road force values for old to be excessive which can increase the frequency of the
vibration. Verified new front tires road force values to be under 24lbs of road force.
Reviewed service history and found repairs to be performed June 30th, 2017 at
15926miles. Current mileage of the vehicle is 26487miles. There are currently no viable
updates to mitigate the concern of vibrations at 30-40mph during hard acceleration. The
Service Engineering team is currently reviewing possible solutions to correct the issue.

Mine got this issue after a few months too (Dec 2016 build). At the service center they replaced half shafts. This made it much less intense, but still there. I think it is getting worse again.
I noticed it only shudders on the first hard acceleration of a drive. Subsequent accelerations less so. Have others experienced this? Mine is X90D.
Has anyone escalated this issue and heard back from "executive team"?

Also. I live in Eastern Canada where there are Very Few MX.
I am trying to figure out if only people on this list experience this issue, or if it is widespread.
So for those of you with this issue in California, when you walk over to your neighbors house and try their MX, does it have the issue and they just don't notice or complain?

I can't wait to see someone post slow motion video of the shudder occurring... the changing air suspension seems to be part correct? I can get a little of this on my model x while changing suspension levels and acccelerating hard with wheel slightly turned. It seems to be to be a non-serious side-effect of having so much power quickly transmitted to the wheels.... rather than a defect so to speak. It would be nice to fix though for sure. Would love to hear someone's best theory on what parts are actually vibrating... if suspension is lowering one side at a time or if it is slight wheel unbalancing that occurs. More than any other car I've owned, a wheel issue transmits vibration into the cabin. My thought it has something to do with changing yaw, or lack of dampening that occurs with all the weight at the bottom of the vehicle.

Reactions: Johnmbureau