Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Shudder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So wanted to test the shudder some more in the Raven X.. if I put the suspension into high and give it maybe 15% acceleration for sure below 75kw... When I get upto about 30-35 mph the front starts violently chattering so much that I feel as if any additional speed or acceleration will destroy the car.... Not even the older design did this at lower acceleration correct?

So wanted to test the shudder some more in the Raven X.. if I put the suspension into high and give it maybe 15% acceleration for sure below 75kw... When I get upto about 30-35 mph the front starts violently chattering so much that I feel as if any additional speed or acceleration will destroy the car.... Not even the older design did this at lower acceleration correct?
After 19mph the air suspension drops from very high to high, after 25mph it drops from high to standard. So sounds like it gets worse in Standard?

I have a 2019 x performance and I have had 3 axels replaced! shuttering is gone but now my car pulls hard to the left. I am so sick of driving to the dealer. they had my car 45 days. I can't get the car to drive straight.

I have a 2019 x performance and I have had 3 axels replaced! shuttering is gone but now my car pulls hard to the left. I am so sick of driving to the dealer. they had my car 45 days. I can't get the car to drive straight.

Not sure about the lemon law in New York, but, 45 days seems like it should easily qualify...

I hope so I hate this car now
I told them to give me a m3p

You really should just get it lemon'd then: New Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet | New York State Attorney General

They won't give you a new vehicle, in a typical Lemon Law case, the vehicle is bought back by the manufacturer with prorated mileage to the first incident. For example, with my Volvo XC90 T8 that was bought back last year (I bought it new in September 2017), my first related to the major problems happened in the first few hundred miles. So, when the buyback calc was done, it was based on that initial visit, even though, by the end, I had nearly 10k miles on it, but was prorated based on a few hundred miles of usage.

That XC90 T8 refund is what went towards my X in July.

I already started the lemon but dealer thinks the car is working fine we will see what happens.
car is still pulling hard to the right after the second install of new half shaft and front axel.
yes I have a 2019 MXP
I am really hoping they will do the right thing I want to stay with Tesla but not like this.

Are you sure about that? Perhaps you are continuing increasing your speed while the suspension is dropping. Have you tried SLOWLY accelerating to see at what point the suspension goes back to standard? Mine does it at a far lower speed, but takes a few seconds to get there.
100% sure put it in high, accelerate as slow as possible and it doesnt shade out or auto lower "High to Standard" until 45mph

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I guess I should have put buy post here... I'm curious about the sound others are experiencing with Ravens. I have this problem but I'm not sure if mine has a more urgent issue. In short I can feel the slight shudder (high and standard), however in the last thousand miles or so you can hear it making a more metallic rattle sound under even gentle acceleration. It reminds me a lot of detonation in an ICE car.

I've taken it into Tesla a few times for this. The first few times they said it was normal. The last time I couldn't reproduce the issue but provided videos and they stated they had a fix. When I picked the car up they had mistaken my issue with the "non-raven" version and said it was normal again. The noise is loud enough that when I have passengers they are startled and ask what's wrong with it...

I guess I should have put buy post here... I'm curious about the sound others are experiencing with Ravens. I have this problem but I'm not sure if mine has a more urgent issue. In short I can feel the slight shudder (high and standard), however in the last thousand miles or so you can hear it making a more metallic rattle sound under even gentle acceleration. It reminds me a lot of detonation in an ICE car.

I've taken it into Tesla a few times for this. The first few times they said it was normal. The last time I couldn't reproduce the issue but provided videos and they stated they had a fix. When I picked the car up they had mistaken my issue with the "non-raven" version and said it was normal again. The noise is loud enough that when I have passengers they are startled and ask what's wrong with it...

The grinding noise you hear in Standard or higher suspension when accelerating hard cannot be fixed. This only happens when the car is cold. If the car has warmed up, the sound goes away. The grinding noise and shudder are related but separate issues.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
The grinding noise you hear in Standard or higher suspension when accelerating hard cannot be fixed. This only happens when the car is cold. If the car has warmed up, the sound goes away. The grinding noise and shudder are related but separate issues.

Thanks for info. This doesn't sound like grinding though I do hear some of that. This is kind of like sounds like running a stick down a picket fence in time with the shudder feeling. Though to your point it will generally go away or be quieter after longer drives. Though, it's been more random and much, much louder lately.

Thanks for info. This doesn't sound like grinding though I do hear some of that. This is kind of like sounds like running a stick down a picket fence in time with the shudder feeling. Though to your point it will generally go away or be quieter after longer drives. Though, it's been more random and much, much louder lately.

Yep, same noise. Do you drive your car in Standard all the time?

This is exactly my issue still after replacement of half shafts (twice) and clevis mount. I get a grinding noise coming from the left front in standard mostly. When I try it in high it doesn't seem to do it but the acceleration is slower as if they are software limiting the acceleration on high and above now. It is strange the sound goes away after it warms up after a couple of hard accelerations. Any idea what it is?