Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accelerator on lunch break

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not something else. It's not perfect, but better safe than sorry and run something/one over. Happens once in a while from a standstill. Don't lose sleep over it.
I wouldn’t have even thought much about it but it happened twice in a row (not consecutive starts from a stop but consecutive full acceleration) after never experiencing it before and in two completely distinct settings. Makes me think something has changed.

IMO it can be extremely dangerous and the reason why I turned it off. I was needing to cross the highway and accelerate fairly aggressively. I would accelerate right after a cross traffic car passed, but the car hardly moved. Once I figured out what setting caused this as there was no indication why, it has been off ever since. If the cross traffic was any faster I might have been in serious trouble. You expect the car to go when you step on the pedal.
Forgive me if I've missed the point, but I can't offhand think of a situation where not accelerating would be more dangerous than accelerating from stationary. Unless perhaps I was being chased by gangsters or rushing a very ill person to hospital. I drive in some of the heaviest traffic here in London and generally find it best to wait for a longer gap. Or have I not understood something here?

Reactions: father_of_6
Forgive me if I've missed the point, but I can't offhand think of a situation where not accelerating would be more dangerous than accelerating from stationary. Unless perhaps I was being chased by gangsters or rushing a very ill person to hospital. I drive in some of the heaviest traffic here in London and generally find it best to wait for a longer gap. Or have I not understood something here?

I’d be concerned about getting away from the “peaceful protests” that we‘ve had here in the USA.

Forward obstacle avoidance lol not rear.... The problem is the lack of forward danger and the car will NOT accelerate. Too many false positives.

I don’t need the Tesla nanny for forward visual from a stand still. If you are not paying attention here, sorry you are a not a very good driver.

Forward obstacle avoidance lol not rear.... The problem is the lack of forward danger and the car will NOT accelerate. Too many false positives.

I don’t need the Tesla nanny for forward visual from a stand still. If you are not paying attention here, sorry you are a not a very good driver.

I disagee. You can find videos on Youtube of people attempting to pull into an intersection, their car stops, and another car flies through the red light and *would* have T'd them if the car didn't stop on its own.

I think we're all only guessing at the reason for this. Since there's no chime/alert, I still think it may not be as simple as collision avoidance.

If it just said "Ding... stop driving like a dangerous teenager" I would've never posted about it
Yes. If software does something that's not obvious, there should be a notification--sound and dialog box.

I'd also think it should be listed in the alerts.
20220418_101226.jpg