TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Accelerator pedal pad?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by PFLeFaou, Feb 27, 2020.

1. PFLeFaou

PFLeFaou Member

Hi everyone,

The pad of my accelerator pedal is missing. Tesla tells me that the part isn't available anymore, but that it should be easy to find an alternative from aftermarket manufacturers... or from Lotus.

Does anyone know a good replacement part that's as close as possible to the original one?

Thank you!

2. pwwojcik

pwwojcik Member

Hi!

I have bought Lotus parts from these guys (SJ Sports Cars). Shipping from the UK isn't cheap but the price wasn't crazy, the online search tool is great, and they shipped DHL so it was super fast.

SJ079U0089 ALUMINIUM PEDAL PADS (Pair)

I'm not 100% sure that is the part you need, but it looks likely. You should search to make sure.

Cheers,
    Paul

3. drewski

drewski Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  4. PFLeFaou

PFLeFaou Member

Thanks drewski – the brake pedal pad I have in my car looks a lot like the Lotus part indeed (but not the pedal itself):

IMG_20200227_165955.jpg

But the accelerator pedal looks completely different:

IMG_20200227_170009.jpg

Long story short, I don't know which pad to put on my accelerator pedal. How does yours look like?

PF

5. pwwojcik

pwwojcik Member

You might try the search tools on Lotus Parts Online. They have nice numbered diagrams which show you the Lotus part numbers. Yours might be the pedal pad throttle (part A120J0013H ).

2008 Lotus Elise Pedal pad-throttle. Box, control, pedals - A120J0013H | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI

And here is the overall diagram of all of the pedal components:

Pedal Box, Pedals, Electronic Throttle Control. 2008 Lotus Elise | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI

Getting a picture of the roadster pedals is a great idea too.

Cheers

6. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

The Lotus and the Roadster pads are the same. It is just a 1/4" piece of aluminum with a slight curve. It is smooth, not grooved like the brake pedal. It wouldn't take much to bend a piece of aluminum and drill two holes to make yourself one.

7. drewski

Would look, but dropped off car this morning at the SC, because I enjoy being gouged . . .

I looked at what I sent before and it shows a throttle cable. At some point 2005-6, I think they switched to DBW . . . possible pedal changed then too?

The DeRoure guys are pretty helpful. Maybe drop them a line with your pictures

8. drewski

#12 looks pretty promising . . . and you found the DBW pedals! :)

9. PFLeFaou

PFLeFaou Member

Thank you everyone! I ordered part #A120J0013H. Doesn't look like it include nuts and bolts though. I'll have to figure out how to attach it to the pedal itself.

10. PFLeFaou

PFLeFaou Member

Operation complete! :)

IMG_20200304_184401.jpg

• Like x 2
  11. pwwojcik

pwwojcik Member

Awesome! Good thing we can use so many Lotus parts....

• Like x 1