TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Accelerator pressed : cruise will not brake when pedal isn’t pressed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fasteddie7, Nov 20, 2019.

1. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

So here’s a new one. 2019.36.2.1 AP1 last few days has popped up a message “accelerator pressed, cruise will not brake”, which I’m used to seeing if I actually accelerate on autopilot, but this time I’m not pressing either pedal. The first time it happened, I instinctively pressed the accelerator and let off to see if it would go away. It stayed on a few seconds then went away. The second time I let it go ready to see what it would do, it stayed on a few seconds and went away. It goes away immediately if I touch the brake, and it doesn’t appear to actually accelerate. Anyone else see this?

• Funny x 1
  2. ckoval7

ckoval7 Mild One

This is pretty concerning. I wonder if it also means that it's not going to react to a vehicle in front of you.

• Like x 2
  3. BulldogsRus

BulldogsRus Member

I'd schedule it for service, maybe they can check the logs to see what is triggering it. You never know what this may cause the vehicle to do in another situation.

• Like x 1
  4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

I wonder if the accelerator pedal spring has gotten weak and so it doesn't stay 100% returned all the time...

• Like x 3
  5. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

Did you do a bug report when you noticed the message?

• Like x 1
  6. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Nope. I didn't even think about it. Was going to see if it happens again then report it and call in for a service appt. It's not easy since the closest service center is 2 hours away.

7. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

Definitely do a bug report next time as soon as possible. Might make it easier for Tesla to address it sooner.

• Like x 1