Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accelerator pressed : cruise will not brake when pedal isn’t pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here’s a new one. 2019.36.2.1 AP1 last few days has popped up a message “accelerator pressed, cruise will not brake”, which I’m used to seeing if I actually accelerate on autopilot, but this time I’m not pressing either pedal. The first time it happened, I instinctively pressed the accelerator and let off to see if it would go away. It stayed on a few seconds then went away. The second time I let it go ready to see what it would do, it stayed on a few seconds and went away. It goes away immediately if I touch the brake, and it doesn’t appear to actually accelerate. Anyone else see this?

• Funny
Reactions: tccartier
So here’s a new one. 2019.36.2.1 AP1 last few days has popped up a message “accelerator pressed, cruise will not brake”, which I’m used to seeing if I actually accelerate on autopilot, but this time I’m not pressing either pedal. The first time it happened, I instinctively pressed the accelerator and let off to see if it would go away. It stayed on a few seconds then went away. The second time I let it go ready to see what it would do, it stayed on a few seconds and went away. It goes away immediately if I touch the brake, and it doesn’t appear to actually accelerate. Anyone else see this?
I'd schedule it for service, maybe they can check the logs to see what is triggering it. You never know what this may cause the vehicle to do in another situation.

Reactions: fasteddie7
Did you do a bug report when you noticed the message?

Reactions: fasteddie7