Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accent Headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you experiencing this, how many of you have your headlights wrapped? I ask, because before I had my ppf installed, I asked on this forum whether wrapping the headlights is advisable. Some people warned me that it could cause thermal retention and damage to the headlamps, so I didn’t do it. I wonder if the clearbra is a contributor here? :confused:

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
For those of you experiencing this, how many of you have your headlights wrapped? I ask, because before I had my ppf installed, I asked on this forum whether wrapping the headlights is advisable. Some people warned me that it could cause thermal retention and damage to the headlamps, so I didn’t do it. I wonder if the clearbra is a contributor here? :confused:

Nothing was done to mine. Same issue as OP’s. I’ll double check tomorrow before calling SC. Thank you for the post!

Reactions: emorog
definitely not. Mine aren't wrapped

Took the car into service center today. They dropped the new headlamp and damaged it during the install. Now trying to see if the other nearby service center has one available. Meanwhile, no loaners available, so getting Lyft to work. They will deliver the car to me when it is complete though.

entire drivers side housing will need to be replaced. manager will discuss what can be done in terms of compensation for the xpel film...definitely not expecting anything so we will see. the guys at the burbank svc are super friendly and helpful.

• Informative
entire drivers side housing will need to be replaced. manager will discuss what can be done in terms of compensation for the xpel film...definitely not expecting anything so we will see. the guys at the burbank svc are super friendly and helpful.
When I took my M3 in for service, they scratched the vinyl on my center console. They mailed me a check for $50 to cover it. Of course, PPF on the outside of the car is going to be a lot more costly than that, so will be interesting to hear how they handle this.

Any update on this? I have a mobile service appointment this Friday for a parking sensor issue and plan to point out the headlight to the tech. If service centers are taking care of this it would be good leverage.

you’d better mention it to them asap as the entire headlight will need to be replaced and i doubt he/she will carry a spare headlight housing. not sure if the ranger can do this for you (as stated by the svc when i originally made the appt).

you’d better mention it to them asap as the entire headlight will need to be replaced and i doubt he/she will carry a spare headlight housing. not sure if the ranger can do this for you (as stated by the svc when i originally made the appt).
Our ranger told me to report it and get it fixed next time it goes to the service center. *unless* it's really bothering me. (basically saying to leave it be until it goes in. not sure if that meant he didn't want to do it, or couldn't. )

• Helpful
Reactions: dek526
Our ranger told me to report it and get it fixed next time it goes to the service center. *unless* it's really bothering me. (basically saying to leave it be until it goes in. not sure if that meant he didn't want to do it, or couldn't. )

Ranger replaced my passenger side headlight this week. The led strip was dim on that side. Interesting to note that the new headlight aligns perfectly with the surrounding body panels. It does not protrude from the surrounding body panels like it did before and the drivers side still does. Not sure if the specs on the part changed or if a more attentive install is to take the credit.

Reactions: mekberg and dek526