Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accent Headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, About 2 months after I got my 3, I noticed the driver-side headlight accent light (the thin bar light on the side of the headlight) was out. I’m sure I would have noticed it if it was delivered that way, so I assume it just went out at some point.

So, I took it to the SvC, and they looked at it, ordered a new headlight package and replaced it. (Unfortunately, I had clearbra’d my whole front end, so the new light needed to be redone.)

Well, that was about a month ago. And last week, lo and behold, I noticed the same light is out again! I haven’t called the SvC yet, but will at some point. At which point, I assume it’ll need to be replaced again.

It just seems weird for the same exact light to have gone out twice. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

crap...i just noticed mine is out too...hoping they won’t have to replace the entire housing as i have xpel on the headlight. wondering if you asked for some sort of compensation for the clearbra replacement as i’m assuming you had it redone again

Last edited:
crap...i just noticed mine is out too...hoping they won’t have to replace the entire housing as i have xpel on the headlight. wondering if you asked for some sort of compensation for the clearbra replacement as i’m assuming you had it redone again
I didnt actually get around to getting the new light clear bra’d. In theory, Tesla should pay, and I recall my tinder saying they would. But I didnt ask. Not sure if I will bother, when I finally get another replacement...Let me know if you do and what Tesla says.

Reactions: Redwood
very common, mine had the accent dim around 3 months after delivery. i have seen a few, oddly enough always blue, on my commute with the same issue. same boat with the clear bra. thankfully the shop that installed it, reinstalled the headlight film without cost. saying its not your fault the car broke and you should not have to pay for that. xoxo sticker city.

i also told him i thought about asking tesla for re-embersment for the film but thought it was not worth the effort / time.

• Informative
Reactions: emorog
What light are you talking about? Can someone post a picture? I'm worried now but don't know what to look for

courtesy of allenw3

Attachments

• C26AF5B4-5538-4825-BB10-A4D5ED45FACD.jpeg
    C26AF5B4-5538-4825-BB10-A4D5ED45FACD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,068
  • 6B010A9C-50C9-411A-9401-84B768CB726E.jpeg
    6B010A9C-50C9-411A-9401-84B768CB726E.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 921
Funny, my (blue) Model 3 will be heading into the service center on Friday for this exact issue. Not sure if I'm relieved or bummed that it seems to be so sporadic.

Also, good call on the clearbra over the headlamp... Should I ask the service center about whether or not they will cover the replacement of it?

Reactions: dek526
Funny, my (blue) Model 3 will be heading into the service center on Friday for this exact issue. Not sure if I'm relieved or bummed that it seems to be so sporadic.

Also, good call on the clearbra over the headlamp... Should I ask the service center about whether or not they will cover the replacement of it?

i plan on asking ... worst case is that they say non oem part and won’t cover it