Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accent Headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't you just turn on the lights and go look? It's not that complicated :rolleyes:

Also ... it boggles the mind that a car so technologically advanced has nothing to indicate these lights are burnt out!
They’re difficult to see looking directly into the light, so it’s much easier to distinguish in a reflection. Also, the lights aren’t burning out, so there is nothing electrically that could tell you there is a problem.

The failure is that the LED strip is becoming detached inside the housing and it slides out of view. If you look into the housing at certain angles, the LED strip can be spotted further back, but at normal angles it appears that it just died.

So an update on this issue.

I had the original driver’s side signature light completely dead, but the replaced with one that was “dimmer”. They replaced it with a third one that also was showing “dimmer”, so decided to escalate to engineering. After doing more tests they found that the signal from the car to turn the signature light on was not there so suspect a software issue. Engineering is continuing to look into it given the number of “failures” (SC’s demo has the same issue).

Just thought I’d let people know a firmware fix may be required!

So an update on this issue.

I had the original driver’s side signature light completely dead, but the replaced with one that was “dimmer”. They replaced it with a third one that also was showing “dimmer”, so decided to escalate to engineering. After doing more tests they found that the signal from the car to turn the signature light on was not there so suspect a software issue. Engineering is continuing to look into it given the number of “failures” (SC’s demo has the same issue).

Just thought I’d let people know a firmware fix may be required!

Any update on this? My drivers side is out again and being replaced Wednesday.

Any update on this? My drivers side is out again and being replaced Wednesday.

Updating my update. Had the 2’nd new drivers side HL installed today. When I got home I checked the new invoice against the last one. The last 3 digits of the part # for the first replacement were -00G and the last 3 digits for the new one today are -00I (I as in ‘eye’). HOPEFULLY this is positive sign. Anyone else have any part #’s (last 3 digits) to share?

Updating my update. Had the 2’nd new drivers side HL installed today. When I got home I checked the new invoice against the last one. The last 3 digits of the part # for the first replacement were -00G and the last 3 digits for the new one today are -00I (I as in ‘eye’). HOPEFULLY this is positive sign. Anyone else have any part #’s (last 3 digits) to share?

Mine was replaced August 9th.

Line item on invoice: HD/LP ASY, SAE UP-LEVEL, LH (1077371-00-I)

Mine was replaced August 9th.

Line item on invoice: HD/LP ASY, SAE UP-LEVEL, LH (1077371-00-I)
Passenger side replaced Aug. 8th: HD/LP ASY, SAE UP-LEVEL, RH (1077372-00-I)

Great! Lets keep this going. My first replacement that subsequently re-failed was definitely a -00-G. This indicates -00-I has been used as a replacement for at least 1 1/2 months. Thats the number we want to track for subsequent failures.

For those interested there is another thread on M3OC:

Eyebrow parking "signature" light out on one side

Last edited:
Great! Lets keep this going. My first replacement that subsequently re-failed was definitely a -00-G. This indicates -00-I has been used as a replacement for at least 1 1/2 months. Thats the number we want to track for subsequent failures.

Sorry for the delay, ended up getting it swapped a week ago for a new revision (paperless service so no replacement number). They also mentioned a software update (assuming 32+), but let’s see if it holds. Thanks everyone for the info!

Reactions: 03DSG