Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accent Headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my passenger headlight replaced for this issue a couple of weeks ago. May build on the car, replaced with a 00-1 headlight. Aside from them not installing the headlight and bumper properly, it's been fine for a few weeks.

Mine is out too on drivers side. I called support and mobile unit called me last Friday. They ordered the part and now i'm waiting for the scheduled fix. How long did it take for those who allowed mobile unit to fix to get the part in? Also, will they re adjust the headlights after installing the replacement?

Mine is out too on drivers side. I called support and mobile unit called me last Friday. They ordered the part and now i'm waiting for the scheduled fix. How long did it take for those who allowed mobile unit to fix to get the part in? Also, will they re adjust the headlights after installing the replacement?

Mobile service replaced the drivers side light on Mon and did it in less than 30 min. I didn't watch the whole time so not sure if he did any adjustments afterward, but I don't think so. He did force a firmware update to take care of the turn signal fast blink.

All-in-all, I was very pleased with the work. The mobile service is such a time saver, and very convenient now that you can schedule it online.

Reactions: mekberg
Mobile service replaced the drivers side light on Mon and did it in less than 30 min. I didn't watch the whole time so not sure if he did any adjustments afterward, but I don't think so. He did force a firmware update to take care of the turn signal fast blink.

All-in-all, I was very pleased with the work. The mobile service is such a time saver, and very convenient now that you can schedule it online.
30 mins only?? That is really quick! I guess they found a faster way to replace them. Most are reporting 2-3 hours of work. Did they have to order the replacement headlight for you? How long did that take?

Is this the correct signature light?
IMG_1535.JPG

Is this the correct signature light?
View attachment 348976

Yes. The top opaque part is illuminated as well as the edge of it. The edge is what provides forward-facing illumination to serve as daytime running lights in the USA (Canada may be different). The issue people are having is with the LEDs in the edge strip getting dim (or detaching from their mounting, resulting in dim appearance).

Just got mine replaced. This is my 3rd driver headlight. Went from replaced 99-G with another 99-G however they mention it was the newest one because the one they removed had 3 bolts for the headlight and the new one has only 2 bolt. So not sure of it's truly newer. But my invoice says 99-G

While on a road trip with another Model 3 who was in the lead when he noticed in his rear view that my passenger light was dimmer which led me to this thread so I have no idea how long it’s been like this. Took delivery of the car in April. Out of town now but will schedule an appt for when I get back. Kind of worried about taking off the front fascia though, especially since I have PPF on it as well as the headlight. Maybe I’ll get lucky with the three bolt one hour mobile ranger replacement scenario.

Reactions: emorog
Resurrecting this thread. March 2018 build. My passenger side accent light strip went out in October 2018 and was replaced by Tesla mobile service. Fast forward to now and the driver side accent light strip has gone out. Exact same problem as last year, just the other side.

There don't seem to be any other recent threads about this in newer builds, so hopefully the updated highlight assemblies aren't failing.

Another resurrection. Replaced my drivers side HL twice in late 2018 from original part # -00-G to upgraded part # -00-I due to the LED strip failure.
2 weeks ago noticed my passenger side strip was out. Mobile service replaced it under warranty this week. Failed part # -00-G to upgraded part # -00-K.