Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceptable roof to rear glass gap height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am anticipating delivery of a MY in the next couple of months and was wondering about the pre-acceptance inspection and what is considered acceptable. Just now I was at my local service center and was reviewing panel gaps and specifically the elevation of the glass sections across the gap of the roof glass and the rear hatch glass. I would expect the transition in the center of the hatch across gap to be pretty smooth….the sections of glass should both be at the same height on either side of the gap. On their test drive MY the hatch glass was approx half the glass thickness higher than the roof glass. This would seem excessive, thinking of how the airflow would behave to this “obstruction”. I then inspected 5 other MYs and the hatch glass panels were all slightly higher than the roof glass. Some were pretty close to being even, some a little higher but none as high as their test drive MY. What is the limit of acceptability/considered normal? Should I accept a glass mismatch seen with their test drive MY? Would anyone accept it? Can the rear hatch be adjusted to made things more even? Thanks is advance, Scott