Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accepted Delivery of MYP 22' this weekend. Your thoughts on the fit and finish?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite right.. this is a common misconception that price = luxury or not. In this case, price is buying into an "early adopter" vehicle that is constantly undergoing changes. You are buying it for the tech.. not the luxury. If you want the luxury and the high price, shop somewhere else. But you wont get the tech that Tesla has made famous. And you certainly wont get the engineering that you dont see unless you go looking for it. This is not a repackaged ICE design.. it's a now relatively newer design for a car. I say that because the model 3 is getting iong in the tooth from a design POV but still holds up pretty well. they put their effort in the tech side from better motors, better construction techniques, better batteries and so on. Thats what you are paying for.
People complain bitterly about the service.. yeah.. with good justification but I've had just as shitty service from Audi, Porsche, Toyota and domestics like Chrysler. Add in the EV part, and every vendor I have dealt with has issues. Mostly just trying to get qualified people to work on the cars. When I see Chevy running help wanted ads for an Electronics Technician specifically for Corvettes.. that shows the size of the issue. Not a mechanic.. an ET and specifically for a specific car. Talk about a unicorn. I have a humble Hybrid Pacifica van along with the Tesla. And Chrysler is utterly useless on fixing it . They may know ICE but they clueless about electrics. They take the car in and then call home to get a remote session with an "engineer'. At least the telsa techs I've worked with all had a clue about what they were working on. And many are enthusiasts so they are very interested in the tech/how it works and how to fix it.
After saying all that; I highly recommend the new 2023 EQS 450 SUV .. The new high standard in EV’s.. beyond Tesla and all others. 😲😃

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird
Quite right.. this is a common misconception that price = luxury or not. In this case, price is buying into an "early adopter" vehicle that is constantly undergoing changes. You are buying it for the tech.. not the luxury.
I agree - i didn’t expect that a $50K+ car would be more of a Camry level of luxury instead of Lexus. But I now look at Teslas as more a tech purchase than a car purchase - although one day they might melt together. It first hit me that I purchased a piece of tech when I was stuck in a thirty minute In ‘n Out burger drive through line, when my A/C started blasting at coldest setting even though it was fifty degrees outside! My family was freezing until we got through the line, pulled over, and Googled how to reboot aTesla! 😄

Reactions: SteelClouds
The only way we are going to get TESLA to change their shoddy behavior is to make them do it and do it and do it until it's done right. Hopefully the bean counters will look at how much it is costing per unit to fix what the factory messed up.
I'm sure they've already calculated this and have the numbers to back up what they're doing.

Which is, it is more efficient and probably cheaper for them to get them off the line ASAP and fix it post sale. It surely doesn't convince them to change when people end up accepting this as ok...they're only creating a better business case to keep doing what they're doing.

I like Tesla..I like what they're doing...but the market is catching up quick and whether that be cars that drive more like cars, better range, better features, better finish, etc...they're no longer so far ahead of everyone else that people are just going to look the other way...