Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accepted Delivery of MYP 22' this weekend. Your thoughts on the fit and finish?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, just got my new MYP 22', love the car. Drives like a beast in heat. Happy to join the tesla family.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the fit and finish and if any of it deems having to be taken in for service? Alignments, scratches, gaps and interior trims.

My main concern is bringing in the car and the car comes back worse than before after serviced. Considering taking it to Mt. Kisco. NY tesla service center (nearest me).

Anyone had any services completed at this site and had any issues/concerns?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220423_162022_resized.jpg
    20220423_162022_resized.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 20220423_164546_resized.jpg
    20220423_164546_resized.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 20220423_164429_resized.jpg
    20220423_164429_resized.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 20220423_171500_resized.jpg
    20220423_171500_resized.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 20220423_171340_resized.jpg
    20220423_171340_resized.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 309
  • 20220425_072730_resized_2.jpg
    20220425_072730_resized_2.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 20220425_072719_resized_2.jpg
    20220425_072719_resized_2.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Resized_20220423_172241_resized.jpeg
    Resized_20220423_172241_resized.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 297
  • Resized_20220423_164938_resized.jpeg
    Resized_20220423_164938_resized.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 298
  • 20220425_072656_resized_2.jpg
    20220425_072656_resized_2.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: mangrove79
Not really, this was my first luxury car purchase. Only had sonatas in the past (half the cost). I followed the tesla delivery checklist for inspection.
Our MY was a big step up price-wise for us, too, so I can understand wanting everything to be perfect (or as close as possible). We get free mobile Tesla service in our region, so we've had the guy come out to check out a few panel gaps and other interior/exterior trim misalignments a few times since picking up the vehicle in December (we didn't notice them all at once). Fortunately, we didn't have any scratches to deal with, but apparently the mobile service can handle 90% of jobs. Really convenient.

Reactions: mangrove79
I do have the same rear hatch and roof alignment on the driver side (it is wider than the other side), but there is no way for them to re align properly without causing other misalignment along the rear hatch line. This minor misalignment was also found on other MYs during my delivery day, so it is the batch that had the same issue.
Again, those misalignment are minor and no one will ever notice but yourself.

Reactions: voxel and Pianewman
Thanks for your inputs, I do agree these minor alignments are not too severe and I may decide to not go have it serviced. Could you guys confirm if the driver and passenger door arm rests is normal? Seems to be slightly peeking out if you look from the outside.

did you pay as much attention to any other car you bought?
This standard fanboi bogus comment always drives me nuts, as if Tesla *isn't* known for sloppy assembly, fit and finish issues, and damage at delivery and it's all just people paying closer attention to Teslas than other new vehicle purchases.

I've purchased six vehicles in my life so far, and none of them had the A-pillar trim **hanging off the pillar and into the dashboard,** like my Model Y did. LOL. I'm nearly 18 months into ownership and I just now resolved the final "at delivery" trim issue. Took numerous service visits.

This standard fanboi bogus comment always drives me nuts, as if Tesla *isn't* known for sloppy assembly, fit and finish issues, and damage at delivery and it's all just people paying closer attention to Teslas than other new vehicle purchases.

I've purchased six vehicles in my life so far, and none of them had the A-pillar trim **hanging off the pillar and into the dashboard,** like my Model Y did. LOL. I'm nearly 18 months into ownership and I just now resolved the final "at delivery" trim issue. Took numerous service visits.
Spot on. I've purchased quite a few cars in the same price segment and above as the MYP and I've never seen one with deep gouges in the paint and trim hanging off.

Too many people here trying to compare these cars to the delivery experience/expectations of a Honda Civic (which also wouldn't have these issues mind you).

sorry dude, I'm not a fanboi. I could care less. I've bought enough cars in my day, to know that this is an OCD behavior. Yes it's not perfect, but unless you are buying an early 90's Lexus, nothing is. Every manufacturer has their issues, Tesla's are just more publicized because more people want it to fail. If you don't like it, don't accept delivery or just ask the delivery manager to fix it for you. It's simple.

Spot on. I've purchased quite a few cars in the same price segment and above as the MYP and I've never seen one with deep gouges in the paint and trim hanging off.

We were prepared for delivery marks as we knew they don’t prep their cars before collection. I booked it in for plastics to be replaced and paint chips repaired. Ours is a Shanghai build and I didn’t think the gaps were any different from our VW. They did a great job sorting.

I understand people being disappointed when they spend £70k and it’s not perfect. I think the US appears to suffer the worse build problems - I know it’s not all of their cars and just a few.

I think hard core Tesla owners forget that yes, most people spending 60-70k plus want to be delighted and will thoroughly check the car over. If I had seen arm rests and shoddily aligned panels on any brand car that I’ve owned/leased (50-90k)I’d walk away or make them sort.

Times are changing. As soon as a competitor makes a car similar to the MY I’ll be taking a serious look. The paint on my MY does not look like it’ll last long. 4-weeks of owning -1k miles -and it’s chipped to the primer in places I wouldn’t have expected. 2-years of VW ownership no chips from 15k miles.

Not really, this was my first luxury car purchase. Only had sonatas in the past (half the cost). I followed the tesla delivery checklist for inspection.
The 3 and Y are not luxury cars, more like upper midrange. In the Tesla line up they starters.

That said I don't many issues. The white gooey stuff on the trim is the glue leftover from the shipping wrap. Some ispropyl will remove it. There's a pic of what looks like a smudge or scratch, can't really tell what is shown and you didn't caption what we're looking at. I suggest washing the car to figure out if that a smudge or scratch.

Whether a 20k or 200k car, OP has every right to have all of these issues addressed and fixed to his satisfaction. I have to say this is pretty disappointing and discouraging, I was hoping these quality control issues would've been minimized by now. Elon is more focused with tweeting and buying Twitter than helping Tesla build a stronger reputation and brand. Unfortunately, this will continue until sales die down and the pressure to make changes is realized.

sorry dude, I'm not a fanboi. I could care less. I've bought enough cars in my day, to know that this is an OCD behavior. Yes it's not perfect, but unless you are buying an early 90's Lexus, nothing is. Every manufacturer has their issues, Tesla's are just more publicized because more people want it to fail. If you don't like it, don't accept delivery or just ask the delivery manager to fix it for you. It's simple.
Complete nonsense. You are, indeed, a fanboi if you think Tesla's issues are no worse than other manufacturers and are publicized just because people "want it to fail"...lol. And in my case, hard to argue all the people complaining about their vehicles on here want Tesla to fail after purchasing $60K Model Y's :rolleyes:

It's also kind of funny that you hold this opinion despite numerous reputable car review magazines and sites specifically talking about the Tesla production quality and reliability issues. Is it your opinion these outlets are all just fabricating these reviews? I mean...seriously?

The list of issues on my "end of production quarter" Model Y would make your head spin (read below if you care).

The worst thing I ever experienced with any of the other six car purchases in my life so far was my Audi A4, which had a scratch in a window.

Read if you care: In addition to the aforementioned A-pillar trim disconnected from the pillar and partially hanging into the car (which I cannot imagine ANY other maker allowing me to even see, much less give me the car in that condition), there are the standard legion of issues: The crooked panels, massive gaps (and even a paint defect) on all the exterior panels and plastic runners were laughable and immediately obvious. The wheel-well under the front passenger side quarter panel was literally put on in the wrong order, slapped over parts it was supposed to be under and not secured in place, the passenger interior door trim connectors weren't secure, so all the parts inside the door were shaking, squeaking, popping, and vibrating at a number of different speeds. The weather seals around all the doors were put on in a totally random series of over/under the metal and plastic pieces they were supposed to fit under, which messed with the weatherproofing, the driver seat and the charging cover were both cut by someone's x-acto knife at the factory when they were un-packaging them, and both had to be replaced, etc. etc.