Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access 12V Battery in 90D with Facelift Front End

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am attempting the access the 12V battery in 2016 90D with facelift front end. Unlike the classic front end, the 12V has been moved to the front immediately adjacent to the back wall of the frunk storage space. Two plastic plates cover the front electronics and can be removed easily, exposing the 12V battery. BUT, an air duct runs across the top of the battery and represents the last obstacle. Since these plastic parts break easily, I do not want to attempt removal of the air duct without some idea of how to proceed safely. Can anyone explain how to remove this duct to access the battery?

I have seen a wonderful 3-part You Tube video on replacement of the battery in the Model S with the classic front end. Has anyone seen a similar instructional video for the dual motor facelift Model S?

On the left and right of the very front of the plastic duct work there's a plastic latch. Just unlatch both sides. You'll also see there's 2 rubber hoses - one on each side near the latches. Those just sorta wiggle down and off. Should be obvious at that point that the plastic duct is now free to be lifted up. Risk of breaking something is almost zero.