TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Access behind Front Grill on Refresh

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SDRick, Jun 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SDRick

SDRick Member

Gaining access behind the black grill on the front of a refresh looks somewhat difficult. Has anyone ventured behind there? I have my communities gate opener module zip tied onto the outside of the grill. I think attaching it to the inside would be a safer alternative if the access is not too difficult.

Has anyone done it or have any ideas?

2. SDRick

SDRick Member

Any thoughts on if access is through the frunk or from underneath?

3. Hengist

Hengist Member

On the X, which inspired the new front, you pop off the towing eye cover and pull tab A then tab B and you're in. Can somebody check a refresh S and see if that is true for them?

4. SDRick

SDRick Member

I realized that there is space to get your fingers behind the front grill, and that the grill is somewhat flexible. I was able to mount a transponder behind the grill with zip ties.

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

You can open the Frunk on the refreshed Model S the same way.