TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Access cold weather package features remotely via ios app???

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tanker5, Dec 2, 2015.

1. tanker5

tanker5 Member

I have the cold weather package. Is there a way to access those features remotely from the iPhone app?? Like turn on the defroster/seat heaters/steering wheel heater/windshield wiper heater in order to preheat the car??

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Nope. None of that is possible. Sadly.

3. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

According to Elon there was supposed to b this functionality or at least partial for the cars with independent seats in the back. ..... However, it never came to fruition Probably becuse they discontinued the separate rear seats for the S

4. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

+1 @tanker5 I have the Cold Weather Package AND the executive rear seats. We were told in the beginning and when ordering that there would be an app for controlling seat heaters steering wheel etc...AS WELL AS rear passengers being able to control the audio system. (not sure I want that for my kids in the back LOL LOL but I sure would like to be able to pre-warm the seats and steering wheel before our morning school commute!!

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

A frequent request and low hanging fruit. Sigh.

6. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

The list of low hanging fruit updates is near endless. But instead we incomplete pie in the sky stuff that then is never finished (see trip planner)

7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I agree. Imho, trip planner has done more harm then good. All the press around range anxiety being a thing of the past because of the feature was a seriously overreach.

8. Lex

Lex Member

Might get merged with Can you control Cold Weather Settings via API or apps? - Page 2
    but for the record this one was first thread :wink: and I do agree that we march forward to press announcements instead of fixes and minor enhancements.

At the very least I'd like to know if there are safety / fire or other issues (which if indeed true would likely mean we'll never really know) that are keeping these app / API features from us.

9. Lex

Lex Member

While the sleeping kittens are still on-screen, I'd also like to nominate a mascot for this campaign

cute-kitten-sleeping-in-radiator.jpg