Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access Denied error from Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having the same problem. I found that Avast was causing the issue by creating a VPN. I'd click turn off but it kept automatically enabling itself. I ended up uninstalling Avast. No issues.

I am aware that I could add an exception of the Tesla site but as much aggravation as Avast caused it felt better uninstalling.

For those having a problem with "access denied" on the Tesla site or problems with the Tesla app in the Apple world, what fixed my problem was a combination of 2 things- clearing out all search history in my device browsers, clearing out iCloud Safari storage for all devices (also removed synching on my MacBook), and rebooting all devices including modem and router. Returned all devices back to "normal" and everything works. Good luck!

I started seeing the following Access Denied error whenever I launch the Tesla app (3.10.13) on my iPad:

View attachment 671020

I’ve force quit the app and restarted my iPad, but no luck. iPad is running iOS 14.6.

My iPhone has Tesla app 3.10.12 and iOS 14.6, and the app works fine there.

I’ll try deleting the app and reinstalling it, but I’ve never seen this issue and wondered if anyone else has.

Update: Deleting and reinstalling didn’t help.
I am having that issue right now and I don’t use a VPN service, if I try to access auth.tesla.com while on any of my device, iPad, iPhone or MacBook Pro while on Comcast WiFi at home I get blocked as the OP. As soon as I get off my WiFi and go on cellular data, I can then access my Tesla account

Late last week I started seeing a "Session Authentication Expired" in my Tesla app when on my home WiFi on my phone. Switching from WiFi to cell would resolve the problem. Logging out and then back in again on WiFi results in:
Error Failed to Log in. Please try again later. (EUNSPECIFIED) Failed to connect to auth.tesla.com/2600:1406:e800:3a3:700:443
This has worked fine for two years and just came up. I have a Firewalla Gold firewall/router, but the last time there was a firmware update was on June 22, well before this started happening. I've tried disabling all of the rules for my phone and that still doesn't allow for a log in. After logging into my account on using a cell connection I can switch back to WiFi and the app works normally, but doing that once a day is not desirable.

Any thoughts?

Late last week I started seeing a "Session Authentication Expired" in my Tesla app when on my home WiFi on my phone. Switching from WiFi to cell would resolve the problem. Logging out and then back in again on WiFi results in:

This has worked fine for two years and just came up. I have a Firewalla Gold firewall/router, but the last time there was a firmware update was on June 22, well before this started happening. I've tried disabling all of the rules for my phone and that still doesn't allow for a log in. After logging into my account on using a cell connection I can switch back to WiFi and the app works normally, but doing that once a day is not desirable.

Any thoughts?
I was able to resolve my issue by turning off IPV6 on the Firewalla. Not sure why this resolved the issue, but it did.