Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access road speed limit +5 on latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2.52.22 on my loaner x 90D AP 1.0. The update increased access road auto steering speed limit setting +5 MPH.

Seems like when it was reduced on an earlier update to match speed limit was a bug. Doesn't make sense that they would reduce then return to previous behavior.

• Informative
Reactions: rabar10
I installed 2.52.22 on my loaner x 90D AP 1.0. The update increased access road auto steering speed limit setting +5 MPH.

Seems like when it was reduced on an earlier update to match speed limit was a bug. Doesn't make sense that they would reduce then return to previous behavior.

It wasn't a bug because on Twitter Elon Musk said the change was because they felt people were going too fast with AP on twisty roads. Then Elon said it would get changed to +5 over if there was someone in front of you.

I think in the end the amount of complaining wasn't worth any "safety" improvement, and they pulled it.

I posted this in a couple other related threads a earlier "this" evening.

2.52.20 (8.0) that I applied last night in my P90D X now allows (again) for +5 MPH over the speedlimit sign on *non*divided highways. That was a pleasant surprise. While on *divided* highways, I had called in a complaint a couple days ago on the main Tesla support line while on a roadtrip of the car slowing down while in the right lane and there was a parked car along side the road. In the worse example I saw it tried going from 70 MPH to 45 MPH. My local service center called yesterday to tell me this latest update would help with this latter issue (they didn't mention the former would change from +0 back to +5)

I did it multiple times today on different roads with and without cars ahead of me.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Are you one of the original 1000 that got AP2 activated?

You have a rare unicorn car. Titanium Metallic and AP2. My Model S inventory car will arrive shortly with the same color. I have always loved the Titanim. The color was discontinued weeks before AP2 was implemented last October.
Unfortunately not. I am in a loaner MX 90D AP 1.0 vehicle where I noticed the new behavior. Of course my MX is AP 2.0 and still waiting for any of these functions.

I can also confirm that the AP +5 works following a car or not. In fact I know we laugh at people who say this after an update but I found auto pilot after this latest update to be the best I have seen. It seems to me that there are noticeably less hands on the wheel nags.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
Are you one of the original 1000 that got AP2 activated?

You have a rare unicorn car. Titanium Metallic and AP2. My Model S inventory car will arrive shortly with the same color. I have always loved the Titanim. The color was discontinued weeks before AP2 was implemented last October.
I placed my order just prior to the discontinued Titanium color. I also have Black leather with Obeche Wood Gloss Décor which is also no longer available with AP 2.0. I was one of the first folks to get my MX with AP 2.0.

Reactions: Nosken