TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Access to bus lanes in Norway - still legal?

Discussion in 'Norway' started by slcuervo, Jul 22, 2015.

1. slcuervo

slcuervo Member

There's been many posts on the topic of EV incentives in Norway, and doing some reading around I've managed to get answers to all my questions. Still, there is one that remains unanswered. This is probably because, although I live in Norway, I don't speak Norwegian and hence don't read Norwegian news.

So here is the question to the Norwegian users of TMC forum: what is the latest on the access to bus lanes in and around Oslo for EVs?

I read that the central government was going to transfer the policy making powers related to the bus lanes access to each municipality, but did it happen yet? And if it did, how can we know where is the access to bus lanes forbidden now for EVs? (If at all)

Any inputs you guys might have on this topic will be welcome!

2. satheesh.net

satheesh.net Member

Yes, it's still legal - partly.

Here are the new rules surrounding the Oslo region:

- EV cars can't use the buss/taxi lane on E18 from Sandvika to Filipstad in the rush hour between 07.00 - 09.00.
    - The same applies the other way out of Oslo (Filipstad to Sandvika) between 14.00 - 18.00.
    - The exception is if you are more than one person in the car, you are allowed to use it.
    - On Ring 3 EV cars aren't allowed at all.
    - These rules are valid for the next three years.

Attached Files:

3. Norseman

Norseman Member

Aye, too bad, Norwgian is so easy, even the little kids over there speak it.
    Go ahead, give it a go mate:tongue:

4. andrewas

andrewas Member

Correction:
    - On Ring 3 EV cars aren't allowed at all in the bus lane

5. satheesh.net

satheesh.net Member

Oh, yes - not allowed in the bus lane​. They are of course allowed on the road itself.

6. slcuervo

slcuervo Member

Hehe, yes, I understood that :wink:

I live South of Oslo and use E6 or E18 (Mosseveien) to get into Oslo, so I can see that, for now, these changes don´t affect me much... But it´s good to know them.

Thanks for your intputs guys!