Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to US Tesla plants for (outside) visits in May 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I hope this is not too off-topic here.

I know we still can't visit factories yet, but I will be in Spark (Reno), Fremont and Boulder (Townsite Solar) for work in a couple of weeks.
I was wondering if the Tesla sites were easily accessible to drive to for a quick look around (NO drone filming that kind of thing), or if there were gates hundreds of years ahead of the buildings/plants. On Google street view they all seem wide open.
Many thanks in advance. Note: image for attention only.

I'll report on my visits here if there is interest.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 22.04.46.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 22.04.46.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 110
I can speak to the Fremont factory. The part of the building to the lower right of your screenshot is a Tesla store/gallery that's open to the public. In front of it (below the "TESLA") is one of the first Supercharger sites, also open to the public. New vehicle deliveries happen in the parking lot off to the right of your photo. To get in there, you'll go past a security gate, but it's always open, you can basically just drive in. Unfortunately, factory tours were suspended at the start of the pandemic (maybe even before that) and have not restarted. But you can definitely go in the gallery, buy some Tesla swag, gawk at the cars staged for delivery, take a selfie in front of the "TESLA", etc. 😎

Enjoy!

Bruce.