TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Access under or behind dash

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by aaronw, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. aaronw

aaronw Member

I want to try installing a parking assist module I got but am not sure what the proper method is to gain access under the dash. I see a spot in the firewall where a bunch of wires poke through and I hope to use that to run the wire from the sensor. I just don't know what the best method is to get access under the dash.

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Search for posts by forum member artsci .... He seems to have a passion tearing apart the S.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

As I'll finally have my car on Monday, I should be able to answer this question soon. I have wires for radar, laser jammer, and parking sensor systems to run through the firewall into the cubby under the touch screen. When I figure it out, I'll post some photos. But I think others may already have done this and could provide answers now.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats. I think you have to be the most prepared person in history for their Model S delivery with all the work you've done. Can't wait to see the results.

5. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

interested myselgf!

6. aaronw

aaronw Member

Thanks. I look forward to seeing your photos.