Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessing diagnostics issues with new toolbox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I purchased a subscription to toolbox, but 3.0 doesn’t have all the procedures available that I need. I was told 2.0 is what I should be using, but I am not sure how to access it or where I can find it? I replaced a radar and I’m trying to sync it to the car. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you look under radar calibration that works with the 3.0 ..im also disappointed with the 3.0 I cant do a charge door calibration it has that option but doesn't work you need the 2.0 for the model x hopefully they bring that function to 3.0 soon.

The only difference between the dealer toolbox 3 and my version was he had remote access ..it says in the service description that remote access is available for the non dealer toolbox 3 but I checked no remote access...meaning you need the Ethernet cable hooked up I dont know what gateway config means I searched for that action in toolbox and found nothing

Weber Automotive has a video on using the Toolbox 3 software:

The toolbox 3 is really for model y and 3 . the testing for model x pre refresh you really need the toolbox 2 .but you can put the x in service mode plus and bring up the can viewer and hidden logs (useful) and look at the adaptive air suspension data for air leaks ..you can also reformat the SD card which I found not really useful cause it still gives errors for me. I couldn't get any of thermal tests on the x to work. I really wish tesla would explain why certain alerts come up all they really tell you is what the alert means but no tips on what to do

Last edited: