TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Accessing Internet from Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by 2Cybers, Feb 28, 2015.

1. 2Cybers

2Cybers Member

I am about to start my first extended trip - about 2,500 miles. I am pretty certain at some point accessing the internet from my Tesla will be very useful, if not necessary. Is there any way to "save" or better yet import my passwords? I hate the idea of typing in 10 or 15 character passwords every time I want to access say PlugShare.

I have read the EV Trip Planner does not work well on the Tesla screen. Are there any other commonly used Tesla site that do not work well?

2. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Evtrip planner worked fine on mine a few weeks ago.
    For me plug share has a little remember me box and it remembers me...until a reboot is done and then everything has to be re typed.

I've also tested out Teslas new nav feature and it's pretty accurate within just a few miles. I live at around 2100' and 9 time out of 10 I've pulled into my driveway or my destination with just a couple miles difference. (And when there were some sting headwinds it seemed to calculate for that as well)

3. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

The browser saves your passwords until you reboot or take an update if the website has the "remember me" or similar box when you log in. Just make sure you check that box.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I simply use my phone because I think the browser is so subpar. I really wish they would bring it out of the 90's. It's just plain awful and essentially unusable.

5. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

I find it usable. Plus, it's much better than the ones found in other vehicles, even those made in 10's.

6. billarnett

billarnett Member

Why don't they just use one of the many public domain Linux browsers? Just to make sure it never displays a video?