Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessing steering wheel heater problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the new v9 every time I need to turn on/off steerig wheel heater I have to turn on the climate to access the button.
This is very inconvenient because in the winter I try to keep the climate off as much as possible and turn on the seat and steering wheel heaters to improve the range (per Tesla’s recommendation).

I wish Tesla implements something similar to what Volvo has in a way that touching the seat icon would bring a pop up window that shows the steering wheel heater icon since the two are related and people usually turn them on together.

I attached a picture of how it looks like when I touch the seat icon in my Volvo.

Attachments

• 7DDB3AC8-2CAC-4194-96E3-BF085ECC74AF.jpeg
    7DDB3AC8-2CAC-4194-96E3-BF085ECC74AF.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Bogobec
This was a problem in the previous version too. In the previous version, however, they patched the software to keep the steering wheel and seats heated to the same level the next time you entered the vehicle. So you would only need to turn it on once for the winter. Is that still the case? I haven't tried it yet.