Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories Catalogue: Everything that's on my car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
I've bought a fair few accessories. I initially used a Trello board to track purchases and make sure items arrived. I shared this board to help new owners but it was just a wall of text.

I found a service called kit.co that allows you to catalogue kit that you own. So here it is, the 40 items that I have bought for the car so far, with descriptions and reasoning as to why:

Kit.co/Medved

P.S. There's no affiliate links and I'm not connected to any of the sellers.

Reactions: Cyclone1
I've bought a fair few accessories. I initially used a Trello board to track purchases and make sure items arrived. I shared this board to help new owners but it was just a wall of text.

I found a service called kit.co that allows you to catalogue kit that you own. So here it is, the 40 items that I have bought for the car so far, with descriptions and reasoning as to why:

Kit.co/Medved

Thought I'd just mention the latest gen taptes charger will fit your phone vertically in the case.

Had the same problem with wife's Mi 10 in case with the first charger I bought, plenty of room now!

Thought I'd just mention the latest gen taptes charger will fit your phone vertically in the case.

Had the same problem with wife's Mi 10 in case with the first charger I bought, plenty of room now!
Thanks. Might need to get that one. I've just pre-ordered the Fold 2 which is taller at 159mm.

Reckon that would fit vertically in the latest model?

Kit.co/Medved

Curious about the nfc tags and how you got them to work?
Also with the hydraulic struts, did you change both sides? From reviews they seem to be difficult to close and some say to use just the one. I contemplated these but was put off by the added agro of fighting with the boot to close it and stay closed.

Curious about the nfc tags and how you got them to work?
Also with the hydraulic struts, did you change both sides? From reviews they seem to be difficult to close and some say to use just the one. I contemplated these but was put off by the added agro of fighting with the boot to close it and stay closed.
For the NFC tasks I'm using Tasker and the Tasker for Tesla Plugin on an Android phone. There's a video walk through here:

For the struts I've only done the frunk. I was too weary of not being able to see what was above the boot upon opening it to install the boot struts. The front ones via LUCKEASY on AliExpress work really well though, they compress evenly and open smoothly.

If only LUCKEASY stuff actually turned up, ordered 7 June and no tracking updates since 28 July. Their chat response on Ali is like speaking with a retarded potato.
I've ordered a lot of items from them. Initially they arrived mega fast, like 7-10 days. The last two orders have been different though.

The first was a pricing error on a complete alcantara interior kit. They appeared to honour the price and dispatched the item only for it to be at the 'Hand over to airline' stage 118 days later. I've had a refund and suspected they didn't actually dispatch the items.

The second was a large (in size) order purchased on 4th August, appears to have arrived in the UK last night after a 2 week stopover in Liege. Hopefully that'll be with me today or tomorrow.

Their items are quality though and I suspect they're the same items that you'd find on premium sellers such as Abstract Ocean etc just considerably cheaper. I also think the smaller the package the quicker the shipping is likely to be.

But yeah, problem is when ordering from China is after sales care when something doesn't go right.

For the NFC tasks I'm using Tasker and the Tasker for Tesla Plugin on an Android phone. There's a video walk through here:

For the struts I've only done the frunk. I was too weary of not being able to see what was above the boot upon opening it to install the boot struts. The front ones via LUCKEASY on AliExpress work really well though, they compress evenly and open smoothly.
Thanks for this. Just ordered some NFC tags. Quick question when using the Tesla plugin for Tasker it asks you to log in with your Tesla account. As this is a pretty significant log in did you just do that or did you use an auth token or something instead? Not keen on sharing my log in with anything if possible so wondered if there was a better way. Thanks

Thanks for this. Just ordered some NFC tags. Quick question when using the Tesla plugin for Tasker it asks you to log in with your Tesla account. As this is a pretty significant log in did you just do that or did you use an auth token or something instead? Not keen on sharing my log in with anything if possible so wondered if there was a better way. Thanks
I just entered my Tesla Login. I'm not too worried about it, have pin to drive enabled so they'll struggle to drive off with the car, even if they can access its API.