Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories, dashboard replacement etc etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Waiting for my M3 to be delivered on the 5th of august.
In the meantime I’m browsing accessories etc and one thing I’m definitely changing is the wooden dashboard and the wood door cards.

What are peoples experiences with replacements?
Have you done the cover way?
Or replacing the actual trims?

My car already has the mud flaps installed on the front - is it necessary to the back as well?

I live in Denmark, so if anyone has knowledge of some great aftermarket/accessories webshops based in Europe or at least ship their goods from Europe I’d appreciate a heads-up .. shipping from China or the US is a sure way to get caught in customs and paying an exuberant amount on top of the actual product price ..

Thanks in advance..

Reactions: Originalando
Not all vinyl film kits are the same. I have had my dashboard wood (and center console) covered with film for over 3.5 years and it still looks good with no wood grain showing through. You will want film that is either thicker or has a texture to it (mine has the Black Matrix pattern/texture). Covering with film will probably be the easiest solution for the OP since they can probably find a local shop that installs paint protection film or vinyl film. There are also thicker films like 3M's DINOC series that will conceal the woodgrain.

Your car will have the OEM Tesla front mud flaps that are necessary to protect the rocker panels and rear doors from rock chips and rust, but Tesla doesn't make rear mud flaps. The rears aren't really necessary unless you want to protect the paint on the lower part of the rear plastic bumper from rock chips. Then you will have to buy aftermarket mud flaps and most that I know of come from USA, Canada, or China.

I just did the replacement dash and door trims from RPM Tesla in matte carbon fiber. Zero complaints.

52229809301_f4e49789af_h.jpg

52229815033_9d5da2951c_h.jpg

Reactions: Kimmi