Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finished installing the sill kit from @Iyordanov --

First of all, I want to emphasize how well this kit is put together:
  • Well packaged to protect during transit
  • Includes a spray bottle and squeegee--I have done PPF before, so I had my own stuff, but this is nice for first timers (see pic)
  • The PPF pieces are clearly labeled to avoid confusion
  • Well written instructions plus a link to an install video
Doing PPF for the first time can be daunting and this kit gives you everything you need.

The PPF was perfectly cut to size and I think the 8 mil should hold up well--on the front doorsills, I think these should at least last a couple of years. I got matte for the front and gloss in the back and the PPF is invisible.

Installation took about 20 min total (I'd budget 40-45 min if you have never done this before). The installation is straightforward, no need for a heat gun.

I can post pics of the finished project, but you cannot really see anything. which, I guess, is the point. :)

IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0074.jpeg

• Includes a spray bottle and squeegee--I have done PPF before, so I had my own stuff, but this is nice for first timers (see pic)
Doing PPF for the first time can be daunting and this kit gives you everything you need.

The PPF was perfectly cut to size and I think the 8 mil should hold up well--on the front doorsills, I think these should at least last a couple of years. I got matte for the front and gloss in the back and the PPF is invisible.

Installation took about 20 min total (I'd budget 40-45 min if you have never done this before). The installation is straightforward, no need for a heat gun.

I can post pics of the finished project, but you cannot really see anything. which, I guess, is the point. :)

View attachment 724924View attachment 724925
Glad to hear. When I get my car back from Tesla (which could be next year at this rate considering it's sat with the doors open for three days now...) I'll be installing the fronts in my car.

View attachment 724924View attachment 724925
Good to hear! Just placed an order yesterday

Does the S come with or even need Mudflaps? I had a 3 and i absolutely needed them
Consensus on this forum and directly from owners is that the wide hips on the refresh S combined with sticky summer tires will sandblast the rocker panels and even sides of the car without PPF. Mud flaps do not come with the car but aftermarket additions have received positive reviews, e.g., from @jebinc

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc
Consensus on this forum and directly from owners is that the wide hips on the refresh S combined with sticky summer tires will sandblast the rocker panels and even sides of the car without PPF. Mud flaps do not come with the car but aftermarket additions have received positive reviews, e.g., from @jebinc
Thanks, I will pick some up as i dont plan on doing PPF

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
B866628D-A10B-48C7-9269-A273ADC9584D.jpeg
CAD089EC-5B26-420A-B52F-3E1CDCEEE878.jpeg
81FAC64A-599C-4959-A4D9-F7B63563DF2C.jpeg
AB611ABF-48CA-49DE-8630-995EB77BE48F.jpeg

Flaps are $20 generic Amazon flaps.

Attachments

• ABABDBA1-B651-4C03-A24D-FD36968D985D.jpeg
    ABABDBA1-B651-4C03-A24D-FD36968D985D.jpeg
    692.4 KB · Views: 111
  • A1BB9263-66AE-4648-8961-01B0A93B8E61.jpeg
    A1BB9263-66AE-4648-8961-01B0A93B8E61.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 162
Is that a screw into the metal I see?
@bhzmark It is indeed. Much better than a having sandblasted and chipped sides, stem to stern! No other alternative flaps existed at the time, and it was road “chip sealing” season here in Seattle at the time! Would I do it again? Yep, you bet I would! I actually plan to keep these flaps until the very end. Cheers!

Just got my Tesmanian mats (frunk, trunk and trunk liner)...they look and feel pretty good, they seem to be of the same quality as any Tesla trunk/frunk mat and they fit perfectly! Here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpeg
    IMG_0458.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    763 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    627.6 KB · Views: 144
Just got my Tesmanian mats (frunk, trunk and trunk liner)...they look and feel pretty good, they seem to be of the same quality as any Tesla trunk/frunk mat and they fit perfectly! Here are some pics...
Do you have the Tesla shop interior floor mats? Curious how they feel compared to those - I'm assuming like you said (the same) but I'd like to make sure.

I'm waiting on my delivery of my frunk/liner/trunk mats too :)

Reactions: impastu
Do you have the Tesla shop interior floor mats? Curious how they feel compared to those - I'm assuming like you said (the same) but I'd like to make sure.

I'm waiting on my delivery of my frunk/liner/trunk mats too :)
I do, and they (Tesla original interior floor mats) feel pretty different...the floor mats feel like rubber, and the trunk/frunk mats have more of a plastic feel...I guess it's a difference of softness, the floor mats just feel softer. But my wife has a Model 3 with Tesla original everything mats and to me, the Tesla trunk/frunk mats for the Model 3 feel the same way as the Tasmanian trunk/frunk mats for the Model S...

• Informative
Reactions: Pancake and impastu
I've gone back through half the thread - anything new with mud flaps? I'm not a big fan of PPF as you can get a bumper respray for $750. But the sides of the car require blending if repainted, so I'm a big fan of flaps.

I think that you could make your own from flat acrylic or polycarb or ABS sheet, and save your paint until the aftermarket catches up.

That's what I would do, if I only had a car...

I do, and they (Tesla original interior floor mats) feel pretty different...the floor mats feel like rubber, and the trunk/frunk mats have more of a plastic feel...I guess it's a difference of softness, the floor mats just feel softer. But my wife has a Model 3 with Tesla original everything mats and to me, the Tesla trunk/frunk mats for the Model 3 feel the same way as the Tasmanian trunk/frunk mats for the Model S...
Thanks! Given the plastic feel, is it textured enough to prevent any sliding? I’m worried if it’s too plastic-y stuff will slide around too easily with no friction

Reactions: impastu
Thanks! Given the plastic feel, is it textured enough to prevent any sliding? I’m worried if it’s too plastic-y stuff will slide around too easily with no friction
Yes there is some friction. It’s not entirely like plastic, don’t worry. I think the mats are great and a must have for every new model s, especially with winter weather coming.

Reactions: Pancake and impastu