Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two suggestions:
1) Practice putting on and taking off your chains in your driveway until you feel confident--nothing sucks more that trying to put chains on for the first time in the dark and in the snow
2) The Tesla traction control is very good, but sometimes, if the snow is deep, "slip start" is your friend

PS Assume you have all season tires or winter tires already
Yep, I plan to find an empty public road and test the snow chains. I don't feel like messing up my concrete driveway, LOL.

Thx for tips on traction control and slip start. It'll be my first time driving in the snow. Figured I should research, secure, and test chains now because of supply chain shortage.

Yep, I swapped out my P-Zero's for the Continental ProContact RX. I know it's not winter/snow tires but it does have M&S on it.

I'm headed to Tahoe in like January/February. If there is snow, it'll be my first time driving in the snow. Also, my first time buying snow chains.

Anyone figure out what snow chains work for the 19" wheels? I just emailed Konig and asked if their Konig K-Summit XL K55 will work for the Model S.

On Tesla's store, I noticed they sell the X45. Crossmatching Konig's website, it looks like X45 is meant for 245/40/19 tires (2012-2020 Model S). And X55 is for 285/40/19 tires.
As far as I understand it, none of the chains on Tesla’s online store are approved for the 2021 MS 19” wheels…
I drove over the Oregon to California mountain pass (Siskiyou) early November with great concerns regarding my PLAID summer 19s. Got lucky with the weather but was prepared for trouble.
Went with:
AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative Amazon.com

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu and wornout
If curious, eTrailer.com got back to me.

Hello! I have the refreshed 2021 September Tesla Model S Long Range. My rear tires are 285/40R-19. When searching Konigs website for 2021 Tesla Model S, there arent any compatible products. However, when searching Konigs website for 285/40R-19, it says König K-Summit K55 would fit. Do you know if the K55 would fit? Is fitment just as simple as matching tire size? Thanks!\

Answer:

Since your 2021 Tesla Model S has the tire size of 285/45R19 we know the K-Summit chains part # TH02230K55 are a fit since they are fit by tire size and not by vehicle. I am sure it's just a matter of Konig's site not having the correct tire size info for your vehicle at the time you checked.

I also emailed Konig corporate and this is what they said.

Hello,

thank you for contacting us.

We confirm you the compatibility of K-Summit K55 with your Tesla S with 285/40R19 tyre size.

We invite you to visit our Youtube channel at the following link
where you can see a assembly instruction video.

For any other information we remain available for you,
Customer Care König S.p.A.
Via Pescone, 9 23867 Suello (LC), Italy
[email protected]
www.konigchain.com

@d1ez3 The Plaid has my old Tesla model 3 caps, and the MYP has $20 no name caps and $8 valve stem covers. View attachment 727203
Regarding valve stem covers, just when I was going to pull the trigger on some nicer looking ones, I happen to do a quick search on here and see some saying "Don't do it!, can cause damage due to corrosion"
Any suggestions for good ones, or material? I have yet to look deeper into it and only did a quick search and put it on the back burner to research later.

Reactions: bhzmark and impastu
Regarding valve stem covers, just when I was going to pull the trigger on some nicer looking ones, I happen to do a quick search on here and see some saying "Don't do it!, can cause damage due to corrosion"
Any suggestions for good ones, or material? I have yet to look deeper into it and only did a quick search and put it on the back burner to research later.

@GroovaEV I have these. Aluminum alloy. No issues. BTW, what's the status of you MoFo joyride ordeal?!

@GroovaEV I have these. Aluminum alloy. No issues. BTW, what's the status of you MoFo joyride ordeal?!

Thanks. Actually, what made me think of getting some new valve caps was actually related, lol.
It's still in process, but I had gone up to SODO yesterday to drop of our new Y (cosmetic/alignment issues) and just as we walked in, they were driving our plaid out of the service area. The tech said it was done, but when I looked at it, yes, there was a new bumper on it but the wheel still had nicks in it (and still missing the valve cap) and the interior piece had not been replaced.

I've been holding off updating the main thread with a status update until I have something significate to report. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to pick up both our cars tomorrow. It's been quite the inconvenience and taking up way too much of my time.

Reactions: impastu
Thanks. Actually, what made me think of getting some new valve caps was actually related, lol.
It's still in process, but I had gone up to SODO yesterday to drop of our new Y (cosmetic/alignment issues) and just as we walked in, they were driving our plaid out of the service area. The tech said it was done, but when I looked at it, yes, there was a new bumper on it but the wheel still had nicks in it (and still missing the valve cap) and the interior piece had not been replaced.

I've been holding off updating the main thread with a status update until I have something significate to report. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to pick up both our cars tomorrow. It's been quite the inconvenience and taking up way too much of my time.

@GroovaEV Nice! I have a new MYP as well. Zero issues or reasons to take it in for service, unlike my vibration prone plaid.

A73A1039-8B39-46B6-A4EA-31D198324D33.jpeg

1BC90025-BA68-4AE0-9750-960213334D72.jpeg

When looking for valve stem covers I saw the same warnings about corrosion. For that reason, I went with titanium valve stem covers. I picked up a black set from here: DressUpBolts

On Tesla online store.
Model S Plaid Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit

$20,000
798C8FAB-906D-43C0-A499-19478A7D7B56.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Has anyone tried this? Does it work for the refresh? I'm fed up with the tesmanian one

WeatherTech is good stuff. Never had an issue wither their mats/liners.

Disclaimer. I do not have my Plaid yet so cannot attest to fit on refresh models.