Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got anymore full pics of your model s with all these installed?
Okay here it is...
Let me provide a little context though so you don't laugh at me too hard 🤪

I've got my MS LR on June 30, but I originally wanted blue/white combo, but was offered black/black for immediate delivery vs the desired blue/white for November delivery, so I took it (I have the patience of a toddler apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️). But with the car being so black in and out, I wanted to customize it a little to bring a little color, and to my surprise there was almost nothing on the market. Then next thing you know I went to have it tinted and paid too much for it too, so I've decided to do a little research on to how expensive these things actually are (in terms of materials etc) and see if I can just do it myself. One thing let to another, and a couple of weeks ago I opened a Shopify store to sell the models I've been creating. I also have a 2020 M3 and a 2021 M3 so I am doing some beautifying work on these too now, will release models for the 3 too. So far I have a few designs but still work in progress (images attached) 😂
So I have very few things right now, but I will be adding more every week, time permitting as I have another job too.

So here are the pics... what's installed so far is (and all of this is made by me and most of it I already sell on Shopify):
1. Logos + TESLA letters on trunk
2. Tail lights tint
3. Fog lights tint
4. 2nd row screen protector
5. Rear fenders PPF as mine was missing one for some reason and SC was of no help 🤷🏻‍♂️
6. Caliper covers - now those I am not yet sure what to do with, as they are flat as they can be, as making a DYI caliper cover that doesn't require a heat gun or removing the wheel can only be flat... you be the judge if they look nice, I personally like the extra color as it works with the rest of the elements.
7. I've started the center console wrap...it basically has 3 components - top one (the cover you open/close) which I haven't installed yet with good vinyl (only with cheap one to verify the size and fit), the cup holder one which I did with 3M carbon fiber white, and right now I am working on the huge piece, which is almost done too.

So that's about it so far... I will want to do some leather elements inside too, like a beige or white leather T logo on the headrests to contrast with all the blackness in the car, perhaps Elon's signature on the glove etc...will see what looks good and at what point it becomes too much 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpeg
    IMG_1918.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1919.jpeg
    IMG_1919.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1921.jpeg
    IMG_1921.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1923.jpeg
    IMG_1923.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1924.jpeg
    IMG_1924.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 2017-Tesla-Model-3-front-end-in-motion-02.jpg
    2017-Tesla-Model-3-front-end-in-motion-02.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1702 2.jpeg
    IMG_1702 2.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 264
I just got the email notification for pre-orders available for Tesmanian floor mats…
Placed my pre-order for combo set of 3 cargo mats…. Expected delivery October 20 (limited Qty)

536D04DA-E390-4FC2-A6C6-786E00D91915.jpeg
E59A8F4B-8838-43FC-A8E5-CD4E6A48A334.png

I just got the email notification for pre-orders available for Tesmanian floor mats…
Placed my pre-order for combo set of 3 cargo mats…. Expected delivery October 20 (limited Qty)

View attachment 711874View attachment 711875
I got the email, too. I just couldn’t bring myself to order these. They’re essentially plastic, and look majorly scratched up even in their pictures.

I pre-ordered the trunk/frunk mats from Tesmanian - haven't seen them pop up for the refresh elsewhere quite yet. I'm mostly worried about spills and dirt back there, so can live with some scuffs.

For interior, I've been happy with the official ones for the refresh from Tesla - I think I read somewhere they are manufactured by Weathertek. Fit is obviously really great and they fit the interior look quite nicely. The only think is the driver's mat could have used slightly more coverage, but no complaints otherwise.

Okay here it is...
Let me provide a little context though so you don't laugh at me too hard 🤪
I like the pop of color. I went the alternate route and have been slowly blacking out elements (mostly just the chrome logos) - I snagged the tail light and fog light tints from your shop (thanks!) and wondering two things:

- for the tints (especially the fogs), any issues with losing visibility? I imagine you lose a little bit, of course, but the fog lights are plenty bright as is so I imagine it's not really overly noticeable. Rears same thought - any grief from law enforcement?
- for the arachnid cap cover, is that a decal/insert on the logo only, or did you wrap the entire arachnid "cap"? - if I went with a caliper color instead of the black, the logo on the arachnids matching looks pretty nice.

(feel free to PM me if easier. Just thought folks might want to see the response re arachnids)

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
I pre-ordered the trunk/frunk mats from Tesmanian - haven't seen them pop up for the refresh elsewhere quite yet. I'm mostly worried about spills and dirt back there, so can live with some scuffs.

For interior, I've been happy with the official ones for the refresh from Tesla - I think I read somewhere they are manufactured by Weathertek. Fit is obviously really great and they fit the interior look quite nicely. The only think is the driver's mat could have used slightly more coverage, but no complaints otherwise.
I took delivery of the interior mats and can confirm that they’re drop-shipped or sourced from weather tech. Pre ordered the Tasmanian for trunks.

I like the pop of color. I went the alternate route and have been slowly blacking out elements (mostly just the chrome logos) - I snagged the tail light and fog light tints from your shop (thanks!) and wondering two things:

- for the tints (especially the fogs), any issues with losing visibility? I imagine you lose a little bit, of course, but the fog lights are plenty bright as is so I imagine it's not really overly noticeable. Rears same thought - any grief from law enforcement?
- for the arachnid cap cover, is that a decal/insert on the logo only, or did you wrap the entire arachnid "cap"? - if I went with a caliper color instead of the black, the logo on the arachnids matching looks pretty nice.

(feel free to PM me if easier. Just thought folks might want to see the response re arachnids)
Will PM you right away so we don't spam everyone here 👍

Reactions: Spyderman09
Just preordered Tesmanian Sunshade.

Hi All,
Looking for ideas on the Refresh 2021 Model S Floor Liners:
1. Tesla Shop does not have Floor Liners available yet, only All Weather Mats.
2. I purchased WeatherTech 2021 Model S Front Driver/Passenger /Frunk/Trunk Bottom Trunk/(Cargo Mat and Rear Passenger not available yet) ( 2021 Tesla Model S | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech ) These are OK, don't have as much coverage of driver Left Foot area (only goes 1/2 way up where Tesla took out the built in Rubber Pad (Note their Driver picture shows the Rubber Foot Pad, but this is on the old S). Based on where the Velcro Round Pad is, they are planning to cover this area with a Mat or liner). WeatherTech's are plastic/rigid, Tesla Mobile Tech(who delivered missing Upper Trunk Cover :)) said he owns WeatherTech and Tesla Elastomer Liners, Tesla Liners hold up longer. I plan to return WeatherTech's, would appreciate any comments on how they hold up. Especially if the rigid tall sides eventually fold in and then debris gets behind them.
3. Clarity question:
A. The new Tesmanian Liners ( 2021 Tesla Model S Floor Mats Full Set (Plaid and Long Range) - PRE-ORDER) These say they are Elastomer, same as the Tesla Shop Website , Any reviews on Prior Model S quality of fit and wear?
B. Does anyone know who made the Prior Tesla Elastomer Liners (I had them in our 2018 Model 3, loved them, wore well, good purchase)
C. Anyone have an idea of when Tesla will make their liners available?

Thanks,

Hi All,
Looking for ideas on the Refresh 2021 Model S Floor Liners:
1. Tesla Shop does not have Floor Liners available yet, only All Weather Mats.
2. I purchased WeatherTech 2021 Model S Front Driver/Passenger /Frunk/Trunk Bottom Trunk/(Cargo Mat and Rear Passenger not available yet) ( 2021 Tesla Model S | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech ) These are OK, don't have as much coverage of driver Left Foot area (only goes 1/2 way up where Tesla took out the built in Rubber Pad (Note their Driver picture shows the Rubber Foot Pad, but this is on the old S). Based on where the Velcro Round Pad is, they are planning to cover this area with a Mat or liner). WeatherTech's are plastic/rigid, Tesla Mobile Tech(who delivered missing Upper Trunk Cover :)) said he owns WeatherTech and Tesla Elastomer Liners, Tesla Liners hold up longer. I plan to return WeatherTech's, would appreciate any comments on how they hold up. Especially if the rigid tall sides eventually fold in and then debris gets behind them.
3. Clarity question:
A. The new Tesmanian Liners ( 2021 Tesla Model S Floor Mats Full Set (Plaid and Long Range) - PRE-ORDER) These say they are Elastomer, same as the Tesla Shop Website , Any reviews on Prior Model S quality of fit and wear?
B. Does anyone know who made the Prior Tesla Elastomer Liners (I had them in our 2018 Model 3, loved them, wore well, good purchase)
C. Anyone have an idea of when Tesla will make their liners available?

Thanks,
My friend has the full set of Tesmanian mats in his MY
He loves them.
I preordered the trunk set and the sunshade.
I also bought the floor mat set from the Tesla online store. Not installed yet. Car went for PPF straight from delivery

Last edited:
For those of you with MSM. Has anyone installed either the Reaction (built in ceramic 'coat') or the Ultra Matte from SunTek?

I've used SunTek for last 6 cars or so happy with their line. Installers have told me the Matte on MSM is very subtle so not sure about it.

The Reaction has a longer warranty (12 vs 10) and seems pretty cool as you won't need a ceramic 'refresh' as it is built into the film.....thoughts?

And also any good installers in SoCal? I contacted both Custom Car Care and Ghost and they seem to know their stuff (wrap around edges, second layers, removal of repeaters and spoiler, etc.).

I'll probably end up using the same guy that did my other cars, but would like to see some of the work from these other shops as they are local and he has to come do it in my garage.

Last edited:
The best looking mats IMO are the autailor mats, they look sporty and not plasticky and still protect the carpet. I had them in my Y and put the on top of the Tesmanian ones to spruce up the interior look, with our Model S’s upgraded interior it only makes sense to go a little fancier to match the interior finishes so I ordered these for the 2020Model S to see how they fit. These are pics from my MY, keep in mind they have the Tasmanian ones underneath which I would skip on my MS
40130BDB-03CE-4EF6-9E54-1E3D97D5A5CC.png
B6AC9412-248C-410B-92D3-FB0E2EE6A79C.png
8794C82A-D8FA-4BF5-A900-67C545B90790.png

• Informative
Reactions: McQ14 and impastu